Question regarding keeping up with multiple scrapping sites

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Feb 13, 2017.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I let them all go. I have one left outside of TLP.... exactly for this reason, too. I was struggling with participating in other forums. I choose not to be there. I'm great here. I want all the designer's things, and to be active with all the ladies here, and I'm okay with that. :)

cfile and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

be sure to keep an eye on the site :) I happened to hear a little bird whisper there just might be a marathon soon :)

zippyoh, bellbird and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I like that idea! sometimes my hardest thing is just remembering to do one - especially when the designer happens to have something created far in advance!

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yeah. I talked with Carol the other day and she said peeps have been asking about it! I completely missed it last year because I was making a skating costume for DD. Oops.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I don't participate in any other forums. And don't ct for anyone.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm like @amien1 - I like being active a few places. One because I have scrappy friends in other places that don't come here, and vice versa. So I like to go hang with them and come hang with you all too.

lol
    I only CT for one designer and I'm not active at that store. I also do my own designing and am active in that store. rofl

QuiltyMom and amien1 like this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Before I got active here at TLP a year ago (the last week of Dec 2015) I had spent a year at another site and before that I'd kind of dropped digiscrapping entirely while focusing on photography. I was attracted to TLP because the forum is so active and friendly. That's the only thing lacking at the site where I spent 2015. I was thinking, as I became involved here, that I'd keep visiting the other site too, but one site keeps me busy enough. I feel kind of sad about it when I think about it because there are fabulous designers and friendly people at both sites. I just can't seem to do both.

And I'm not even CTing. When I did, in 2011-2012, I made a lot of lists and notes in my desk calendar.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is me. I actually just let go of my last non TLP CT. It made me a little sad, but I knew I wasn't giving her my best effort. I think it sometimes depends on the stage of life too. I used to keep up at 3 sites, but I wasn't homeschooling, or scrapping as much, nor was I doing other hobbies, and I had no Real Life friends. Now, with those things in place, I just don't have as much time to devote to multiple sites. But in letting go, I've found I've been able to really develop those friendships here. I notice the stories that develop over multiple gallery pages, because I'm less hit and miss.

QuiltyMom, mrs2a50 and klee73010 like this.
  9. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

So to be a little more serious then @QuiltyMom since you and I are on that same designers CT..
    I´m on like 5 different CTs and all of them are on different stores - none here though.
    I keep a monthly folder for each of them to keep track and then I usually move them to my EH when the month is over.
    I am active in the sence of doing challenges and some comments on one of the sites but on the other four like never. I should say that one of them hardly designs anything now and one is re-releasing a lot of stuff so there´s not much to keep track of there.
    I would like to be more active on the other places but I guess it will be in terms of doing challenges.
    Several of them have become my friends and I don´t wanna let them go.
    But if I ever got the question to be a Polly - that would be taking things to a whole new level.....

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

You guys make me laugh (in a good way)!

I don't even try to keep up with multiple sites. I can't even keep up with one! I embrace being a rogue scrapper!

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Hmmmm Im on four teams outside of TLP and a couple of my designers rarely have new stuff coming out at the moment, which made doing MOC fun as I wasn't doing alot elsewhere. I find when I post my layouts in other galleries I will make a point of commenting on other layouts at that time but I really don't venture into the forums much as there really isn't the activity pull like there is here.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

It's like winning a jackpot though when a designer you CT for (and step down from and then beg to re-join) starts selling at The Lilypad too! @sabrinavc

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

The designer I CT for isn't here at the Pad in the shop, but she's the one who dragged me in here to play!! Now I struggle to be in her forum at least once a week lol. LP totally won me over heart, soul and most certainly, my wallet ;).

I allow myself one day a week in here to just chat and look around discovering more and more each time I do. This is the type of scrapping I want to do, but I need to learn the finer points and this is the best place for that for sure. At the same time I love that traditional scrapping is welcome here as well.

KatrinaHunt13, bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Same here. Very interesting reading because over six months ago I walked away from it all. I LOVED my designers and still do but I just overloaded myself. I was CTing for, I think, six designers and one digi site. I burned myself out trying to keep it all seperate. I really love CTing and may go back to it some day. But I am going to be honest with you--- My CT days go WAY back when it was easy and simple, before Facebook, Pinterest, and all the rest, etc. You posted at the Designers home site, of course, two other sites and that one site that was just for CT work, forgot the name of it. There use to be two, but one closed. Today, so much more is required that it just takes the fun out of it. There was one designer that I really LOVE and she had a calling about a month ago but the requirements went through the roof!!!
    As for many sites, I frequent four right now and that is enough. One, JustArtScrapbooking, is just a fun site. no store; no competition; just fun. Then I frequent TDC, OScraps and of course, I am back at the wonferful The Lily Pad after being absent for quite a while. Sometimes I will get so caught up with one or two that I forget the other two and then feel bad. Or life just gets in the way; but I eventually come back.
    Back to my CTing days for a moment; I kept a note book with a section for each designer. It had charts where I kept track of my requirements, what was done, what was uploaded etc etc etc. I found this quite easy.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I've been around digiland so long, I think I've been at every forum out there either for CTs or just for fun at one point or another. I keep my active forums bookmarked on my toolbar (only two these days) and just click through when I take a work break. I tend to unplug on the weekends, so forum reading is a welcome break throughout my workday.

For MOC, I kept a written list of the challenges on a notepad and checked things off as I completed them. I did the same when I did a lot of CT work, too. I find written lists keep me far more on track and less likely to forget anything.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Gosh, I'm tired just reading everything that many of you do or did! WOW! I've CTd for two designers at one time, and that was hard for me, even before the requirements of FB, Pinterest, etc. One of the designers required links to each layout for each store she was at (I think it was 3). That was very time-consuming. At that time I kept a chart of each designer, the name of the kit I downloaded, the due date, and the name of each store and Digi Shop Talk (where I would upload). Then I would just check off as I did everything. That's the only way I could keep up. Then the other designer quit designing, so that made it somewhat easier. Then the remaining designer started coming up with nothing different - all her kits looked virtually the same with tons of flowers and somewhat vintage-y, so I just quit, because I'm not big on using flowers because I have a son and prefer not to use flowers, although sometimes I can make them work.

I then CTd for one of my very favorite designers (and I actually scrapped a lot with her stuff before I applied, not just collected her products - LOL!). Her requirements were minimal and very doable. I did that for a few years and then started having a lot of issues/stresses with my job (at my previous place of employment), and it was too stressful to keep up with deadlines from that job plus the deadlines for the CT, so I had to quit.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YUP! I have been seeing you around this digi world for years! Always a positive experience, so I am not surprised you landed here!:bk I was on 13 teams at once for about 6 months,:crazy3 then took an Ad Team lead spot which was a blast! I kept a Word doc for the requirements. Then started designing and left all teams.<< That took a back seat last year when I accepted the teaching stint. I really like the atmosphere of TLP:cloud9 and have it bookmarked so it is easy to open the gallery, challenge forums, and of course the store!

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@AJK you must know, this morning has been a hard one...two of my boys had horrible night mares last night...me sleeping on floor between them...(I didn't sleep, as much pray and try not to be angry at their life beginnings)....I have been fighting the grouchy all day...but just awoke from a power nap and then read this lovely comment. Thank you for posting it, it made me smile knowing that the positivity of the Lily Pad was my natural place to land! tee hee

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

or hop to... :clappy:happy

bestcee likes this.
  20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I ventured to another place in March, posted one page and split...I just didn't like how things were set up and one of the first posts I came across was a ton of caps/yelling :eek: