Question regarding keeping up with multiple scrapping sites

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Feb 13, 2017.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

For those of you who regularly keep up with multiple scrapping sites/forums... How do you do it? I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything on the Pad, let alone multiple sites. I honestly have a hard time remembering things and keeping things straight. I'm just curious, that's all - especially since I CT for a designer who is elsewhere. I try, but fail horribly.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Yeah, I don't. I had a super hard time when I CT'd for people outside of TLP, and eventually I just let that go. I felt like I could only be truly active at one scrap home, so I dropped my other CTs and hunkered down for the long haul here

3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I keep spreadsheets of my CT layouts that include all the links to where and when they are due to be posted. That helps a lot. I'm a little more active in some forums than in others. I try to see if my CT layouts qualify for any challenges that the sites might have. Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have 2 CT's here, 2 at GingerScraps, 1 at The Digichick, and 1 who has her own store. I only post CT layouts at TDC, and am not involved there in any other way.

I cannot even think about what it would be like if I had additional teams to worry about. I just had to turn down a team last week.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

^^^ Same as @mrs2a50 above.

I just can't do it. I meant to drop the one outside of TLP CT this year, but the designer greatly reduced the requirements this year due to her other commitments. I love other designers' stuff... but I love everything here more.... meaning both the products and the community. My main thing is PL and love being involved the PL forum here... for that reason I try to use almost all TLP so I can share in the threads. When I feel like playing with something different, I watch the one kit calls in the CT call FB group. I've only done that once though.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I used to... but don't anymore for some time now. TLP has been home since I followed Amber here.

I still keep my credits, links, and all information in the same manner, as reference. I keep an email draft of the layouts and credits. As I upload around town, I add the links to the information. Back when I was at multiple stores, I just kept a simple tally on the top of all the information as to what I had done, and what needed to be done.

Store - 2 Layouts Done, 1 More Needed
    Designer - 2 Layouts Done, 1 Blog Post Done, - COMPLETE
    Designer - 1 Layout Done, 2 More Needed
    Designer - 1 Ad Done, 1 Description Done - As Needed
    Designer - 1 Challenge Done, 2 Layouts Done - COMPLETE
    ETC...

It's crazy to think at one point I was on 9 or 10 CT's and was active at 3 different stores. NUTS! I can't do that anymore... and the best part is, I don't want to.

Tree City, QuiltyMom and jesskab like this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I used to be on over 20 CTs all over digiland. It was like a drug almost! lol, I think I liked applying more than actually being on the teams!
    I loved the adrenaline, and was in so many stores, it was crazy, but I liked it. Then, stores starting closing. It was sad, watching them move from store to store. Galleries became more strict with linking, uploading, and it wasn't fun anymore.
    I stopped scrapping. CT burn out. quit them all.
    I was on a few here at the Pad, and one at another store. When I started guesting after the MOC. I knew being a Polly was gonna be the best of ALL worlds. So, threw myself into it, and haven't looked back. I don't even go to other stores anymore. I unsubscribed to them all except here.

Sokee, AJK, QuiltyMom and 3 others like this.
  7. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I tend to hang out here most of the time although NONE of the designer´s that I CT for is here! :lol:lol:lol

8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I saw a call recently for a designer I love. But, I know I wouldn't be active in the community so I didn't even apply. Sometimes I can barely juggle my 4 designers here. The layout part is easier than the posting/advertising part. I pick 1 layout & post it to all the places, then work backwards with the next layout. Because of credits/links, it's just easier for me than posting all my layouts in one place, then going on to the next. I'm always strange with my methods anyway.

jk703 and QuiltyMom like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

Whew! I must admit that I feel much better after reading everyone's comments. I thought I was an odd ball! I'm kind of a one-place gal. I CT for 3 designers not here (two who have their own stores with no forums and one at another), and I'm hardly at the other site. The other designers are here (yay!). I'm also on the CT for MouseScrappers, but that's a whole different thing since there isn't a store. We're only called on when needed, like for a speed scrap marathon or to do charity projects, which are extremely rewarding.

I do love the spread sheet thing. I'm going to have to do that because I can't hold a thought in my head these days.

bestcee, tinkerbell1112 and bellbird like this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I keep notes in a traditional diary. I jot a note when I download a kit on the day that it is due. Once the layout is done I tick that and when the layout is posted I cross it through.
    I also stepped down from multiple designers and hunkered down at my two favourite stores.

cinna and QuiltyMom like this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was all over the place for a few years, trying to keep up with everything but now that I'm a polly I let all my CTs go and just kept one off-site of TLP. I rarely visit anywhere else. No need to. It makes it so much easier to not spread myself too thin.

LoveItScrapIt and QuiltyMom like this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I just... do, I guess?!

I keep up here & one other place. I check in every day at both places. I don't use product from anyplace but here & there.

When you narrow down the options, it's not hard to remember for me, I guess.

cinna, littlekiwi and QuiltyMom like this.
  13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm active at a bunch of places- but I guess that's just my personality! I'm active in my social life, the kids' school, work etc! ;) I smile a lot! lol!

As far as keeping track of everything- I write myself a to-do list almost everyday- so whatever is on that is what I get done (most of the time) and if I didn't get to something- it goes onto the next day! I usually try to write down on my list the minute I download something (as far as CT work) so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle! :)

LoveItScrapIt and QuiltyMom like this.
  14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have found this a very interesting thread to read.
    In the past I have been on different CTs but am not on any presently.
    I am still not 100% decided on where to call home after the closure of Gotta Pixel where I was very active behind the scenes.

bestcee, LoveItScrapIt and QuiltyMom like this.
  15. QuiltyMom

I'm sure it's been hard to find a new home after your involvement in GP. It's always hard when a favorite store closes. But we're glad you're here with us - I have found it to be a very non-stressful and fun place to hang out.

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I haven't even tried to keep up with other sites in a few years- unfortunately so many have closed that I went to initially and others have changed (or more likely i have changed) style wise and we just don't mesh anymore but I've been happy here for many years now, the vibe here works for me too and i've let my digi-world shrink to this (unsubscribing from a lot of external designers emails is kind of a freeing feeling as well!)
    (PS I love Mousescrappers marathons but i dont check in there too often - it's like MOC all in a weekend LOL!)

tinkerbell1112 and QuiltyMom like this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

And I thought I was odd for just trying to keep up with TLP challenges and such. I finally created a document on my desktop with a list of all the challenges and when they are due. I also add in any coupons and the dates I need to use them by. Then when I sit down to scrap I look in there first to see what my priority ought to be.

Oh, and my list also includes new techniques or scraplifts I want to try - just because.

I am on a few CT's but only as a template converter to the .page format. When I get those requests, I have found that I need to do them immediately. That way I don't forget. Otherwise, I would need a spreadsheet or something for those too!

And I only hang out at the TLP and a few Facebook groups, so that part is easy.

QuiltyMom and jk703 like this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I really only hang out here, even though I CT for a couple of designers at another site. I used to be active at a variety of sites, but when I started designing at SO, I slowly but surely stopped. When SO closed and I came here, this became my home where I chat and hang out and stuff.

When I **was** active on a variety of teams and sites, I would post comments in the gallery where I posted my layouts (at least one for every layout I posted) and I would make at least one or two posts in the forum. I did it for so long that I had a system that it would take me a while to explain. It's just second nature. LOL

cinna and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

This is the first place I've really been active. There is another site I do subscribe to, but I find I buy less and less. I thought about joining the community there too but it was just too much. Learning a new group, being active. I spend too much time here at TLP, I can't imagine double.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

P.S. As far as CT work goes, I download all my CT kits to a Product folder on my computer's hard drive. I unzip every night before I go to bed (if not before). The kits live there until they get used. Once they're used, they're put inside a Used subfolder. Every month or two, the Used subfolder gets transferred over to the Kits folder on my EHD. I do something similar for my layouts in that I save a zip version on my computer's hard drive, and then once I get it uploaded all over, I delete it. My full size layouts & used and non-CT product all live on my EHD.

If it's on my computer hard drive, I need to take care of it. If it's not, I don't.

QuiltyMom and BevG like this.