PSE13 Question

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Sep 13, 2017.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have a PSE question and I hope someone here can help me! I am using PSE 13 and want to organize my layer styles-- like where all the shadow styles are together, watercolor styles are together, etc. Is this even possible? I can't figure it out!

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I think it just lists them in alphabetical order.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If it only lists them in alphabetical order, can you rename them with a prefix so the similar types show up together? Like add "WC_" in front of all watercolor types and STAMP_ in front of stamped types, etc?

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

DO you have Preset Manager in PSE 13 - (maybe in a different mode ... expert mode or ??) It would be a pain but maybe worth it in the long run to use Prest Mgr to save them in sets by type.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

Yes, now that you mention it that could probably do it, but it wouldn't be easy. You'd have to change the filenames for all the .asl files and go in and edit the names inside each metadata.xml file. Those metadata.xml files are finicky so one typo would mess you up.

Karen likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

There is a preset manager so Jenn's suggestion would be an easier way to organize them.

Karen likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm no longer on 13 but I seem to recall they sort by the chronology. If you load a vwibbens first e.g. The sticker maker that will be on top even tho it would go down to the bottom if they sorted alphabetically. You cannot group them any way such as folders of shadows and a folder of xyz. You can only load them by type meaning the first 5 are shadows and next bunch you load (still one at a time) are glitters etc. I had mine down to the top 7 or so I used the most and made sure I loaded them in alphabetical order. Ditto actions. It's so easy to load these now I just keep the others in a folder and load what I want on an ad hoc basis and then delete after use. Huh!

bestcee likes this.