PSE 15....where do I start?

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by littlekiwi, Dec 20, 2016.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Need links to tips, tricks, tutorials for when my copy of PSE 15 arrives, last time I used PSE was PSE6 ages ago so no idea what's changed, how to install styles, brushes, actions etc on a Win 10 machine.

2. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

3. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Here's a free class. You might have to skip over some of it as its for peeps who have never scrapped before.
    http://scrapaneers.com/digital-scrapbooking-for-beginners/

Main thing you'll want to remember with PSE is to make sure you're in Expert mode. You select it across the top in PSE 14. Not sure where it is in 15. Hope that helps.

5. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

It's the same. Quick mode has a lot of quick photo filters now. I just love it.
    A big change for me is ctrl-alt-g to clip & ctrl-g to group layers.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm watching this thread b/c I too need to learn PSE15. I got it for my GD so we can learn it together. I've only opened it up once to make sure it was working but it seems so weird b/c I have always used photoshop. I think the learning curve for this will be much easier than learning PS though. Watching some vids will be helpful.

7. littlekiwi

Well my PSE arrived a week earlier than expected so now i'm off to play. I've got a week til CC expires but think I need to go and just use one program.

8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

It's so user friendly.

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@littlekiwi Jennifer, have fun with the new program. Post how you like it and if you discover any little tips about using it. I'll be playing with mine after Xmas when I have some time to sit down and watch some vids and then play around with it.

10. littlekiwi

@bcgal00 right now im just installing it and boy is it testing my patience....almost 900 mins to go and still increasing

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@littlekiwi Jennifer - that is a crazy long time to install. Hope it doesn't take that long. How frustrating.

12. Bronwen

Bronwen New Member

I just got my copy too and I'm running into some issues. When I choose a photo or embellishment from the photobin and try to insert it into my page it goes all wonky and not into the area I've clicked on my layers. Huge learning curve on this for me, I came from Elements 9, I think I waited to long to upgrade!!

13. littlekiwi

ended up cancelling the installation & starting again - took maybe 20 mins in the end.

cfile likes this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@littlekiwi & @Bronwen Here is a YouTube video for beginners re PSE15... You need to know where everything is in order to "jump in" so those that need the info as thery are new to it, here ya go :) there are a lot of PSE tutorials out there.. just google it.

Bronwen and littlekiwi like this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks Christa. I have PSE15 to install next week or at least this month! I'll miss my PSE13 but I don't think a lot of what matters to me has changed. (I hope!)

bestcee likes this.
  16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

following this thread as my pse15 is sitting on my desk. Waiting for my new tower to arrive though. I'm going from pse8 to 15

cfile likes this.
  17. cfile

Barbara you will be fine :) you will love it as you will be able to use and load styles and actions too!

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

What she said! (@cfile) There are so many things that will be easier for you to do. Come on tower!!!

19. cfile

bumping

20. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I just posted a short tutorial on the Scrapping with Liz blog with a little text trick I discovered. I have PSE 15, but I think the steps probably work for several older versions too.

Custom Text Technique for Photoshop Elements