Problems getting TLP

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Roboliver, May 28, 2017.

1. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

not sure what is going on all of a sudden. Can't get on TLP from my phone or laptop at home. I've done everything I can think of to try & fix it. Somehow my network won't communicate with your site specifically. I can go anywhere else online. I've clean cookies, reset modem, updated computer, restarted. Nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

bestcee likes this.
  3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Typically, this has to do with your ISP (Internet Service Provider). We recently moved to a new server and have a new IP address. It's likely that your ISP just has not updated their records. Give them a call and they should be able to fix that up for you.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Roboliver

I guess I din't understand what they would be updating. Not sure what to ask of them. Your website is the only website I canmt get on. So confused still.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Roboliver I noticed that you didn't indicate if you had rebooted your router? If you are using a router, be sure to unplug it along with the modem and then wait 30-60 seconds before plugging the modem and then the router back in. The router tends to keep old website information.

Also, I had problems recently with accessing another site (Facebook) and it turns out it was my own virus protection software that had updated and was refusing to give me access. I contacted Norton (the company I use for my virus protection and firewall) and they were able to get me straightened out). So you may need to check your anti-virus and firewall settings. I had to actually have a special rule created to allow me to access Facebook.

After those options are tried and fail, as Laura said, you will need contact your Internet Service Provider and tell them the problem you are having and that you know our site's IP address has been changed. They will know what you are talking about . . . LOL . . .

Of course, give a shout out again if the router reboot or virus/firewall does work for you!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This might confuse you more, I apologize in advance if it does!

In simple terms, the IP address is like a phone number. Your DNS server (phone book) acts like a directory, and changes "the-lilypad.com" into numbers that the computer understands. So, the lilypad got a new phone number, but your internet provider hasn't updated their phone book. Internet Providers have different schedules for how often they update the DNS Sever.

An example is: if you type 167.114.88.84 into the web address bar, it will change to the-lilypad.com and come here!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. Roboliver

Thank you soooo much.... everyone!!!! I called my internet provider & he fixed t quickly. Apparently there have been issue with sites so block a group of ip addresses & apparently a few legitimate sites get blocked which is what happened here. So the tech guy frred it up! Wahooooo!!!! I appreciate all of your advice!!! Now to scrap!!!!!

Mylinn, bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Awesome!!!!

bestcee and Roboliver like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay! Glad you're all sorted and back in with access now! :) How dare they block us here anyway. Lol!

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am glad you can have your daily fix! LOL!!!