Printing

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Jems, Jan 20, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

For years, I would just make them and store them on my puter. I won ten 12x12 pages from Persnicky Prints. They arrived and I about swooned with happy. I was overwhelmed with wanting to print more. I got a 12x12 album book. Then I saw I didn't like how the album held up.
    I started working for PicTales. A printing place. I wrote blog posts and earned free books. I ordered a 10x10 book with 100 pages. I loved it. They have since closed.
    I ordered a FREE 20 page book from Shutterfly. This place you could add a page for the cover, a big plus and the quality was so awesome.
    Fast forward 5 years, and I know have 29 books, and the 30th is almost done.
    I now do them in 2 month increments. I will finish nov/dec 2016 by the end of the month.
    I subscribe to Michael's emails, and shutterfly and they have free books all the time. I use that towards my books, as I usually have about 40 pages each book!

Jems likes this.
  2. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

wow so many ideas and amazing tips! I love the idea of the excel spreadsheet to keep track of my LOs and saving them into folders with like LOs.

Im in Canada so ill look into the printing and shipping costs for here to see whats what.

I think ill test print a couple of pages then maybe get them printed into a book :)

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know shipping sucks internationally. One of the reasons I love Persnickety Prints is they have a flat rate shipping. $15 international. Which sounds like a lot, but I like that there is no guessing game, or finding out after the uploading. And I have heard that's not horrible for Canada shipping. I don't know since I'm in the us. I just hear complaints from my Ontario brother.

Jems likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

For those that are interested in trying/using Persnickety.... They are having a sale this weekend. Print credits are available if you aren't ready to print yet.

Got the email this morning.

Jems and bestcee like this.
  5. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

@bestcee and @HavaDrPepper thanks for the info, that's not bad for Canadian Shipping and sale you say ... however, I would need to finish my Disney album to get it printed and I don't think I can get it done by the weekend :(

can tomorrows MOC challenge be if I give out my Disney photos everyone scraps a page so my album is done :dancebun

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is the best part of Persnickety. You can buy print credits. So during the sale, buy credits, and then when you are ready to print you can print at the sale price you bought them at. Clear as mud?
    Seriously, I will buy a print package during the sale, and then redeem them when I'm print ready. And they don't expire. Technically, there's an expiration date some years in the future, but they will fix it if for some reason you don't print.
    I have some 8x8 prints still waiting for me to scrap my kids book and print it!

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  7. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Oooh thanks for even more good advice I would have thought in the sale you had to do it there and then. I have so much to learn!!

bestcee likes this.
  8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I usually make Shutterfly 111 page books when they have their rare unlimited extra free page sales. I group by holiday and vacation usually. I have thousands (I’m not kidding) of unprinted pages! Last year I bought the persnickety print 12 inch prepaid pages but have not used them. Has anyone tried the 10 inch pages on PP? I really like that size. I would like to go that route but can’t find 10 inch binders except for one on Becky Higgins site.

Maybe this thread will inspire me to get printing. Thanks :compcoffee

Jems and bestcee like this.