Printing your Pages | Chat ReCap 3.8.17

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@michelepixels Let's just say he doesn't have a lot of attachment to things unless they are his things!

2. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Oh, I am such a bad finisher but great starter and that is why i don't have many books printed! I do love the ones i have though and this thread has inspired me to get out of the forum and GO SCRAP! :) LOL

3. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

OH, man... I went upstairs to check out my printed stuff... And, it's sad up there, ladies... Just sad. I have 3 copies of one book, which was made as a sample for my scrap 4 hire business way back in the day and 2 old style 3 ring binders filled with some of my earliest layouts. That's it. I am NOT a printing rockstar! I have printed a few fancy pages that I have made as gifts for people and given away but my layouts just don't live in a printed form. :( Clearly, I need to work on this!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I took a video of all my books... it's uploading to YouTube for me to share. (one picture was not going to do it for me... I had wayyyyy too much to say/share!)

but here's a picture while we wait for YT to upload... :)
    [​IMG]

basically... i have various sizes for different projects. I generally print and slide into sheet protectors. I definitely print. :stash :beat :fairydance

ETA - here's my 12 minute video sharing all my albums.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@klee73010 I watched your video this a.m. It was fun to see other people's perspective on things. Thanks for sharing. I print with my Canon, I make books (Shutterfly and now Blurb), I've even had Walgreens print in the 4x5??? (digital format) that does an amazing job with my 8.5 x 11 layouts, kind of like your 4x4 for your 8x8 layouts. Interesting comment about 8.5 x 11. You said you have moved on from it, but I made a size choice in 2006 and I still love that format since I can print my own even without a large format printer (which I do own and have never printed anything other than 8.5 x 11 on it). Go figure. I also love the fact that standard page protectors will work, and I can always find a great binder.

klee73010 likes this.
  6. klee73010

@mcurtt I am not sure why I moved on from it. I think at the time, square was easier to find supplies. I had one scrapbook store relatively close to my home on a military base. I don't recall seeing anything in letter size, otherwise, I would have had to cut every single paper to fit... Maybe I just fell in love with the square size. I've thought several times that maybe I could just print at home if I moved to a letter size, but now I'm just used to square layouts and the letter ones look and feel strange to me.

perhaps I'll be able to accept it now that I like to make "layouts" in my planners, too. If I made a letter size, I could easily slide all my layouts into my planner. Food for my own thoughts. :giggle

mcurtt likes this.
  7. klee73010

also, I really enjoy the 4x4s for my AJ prints because of the free print offers. I just pay shipping on them. :)

mcurtt likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I finally got home and finally took the pictures.
    Here is my stack of digital ones: 14 12x12 ones and assorted sizes of special ones. Currently I print about 3 12x12 per year (2 vols of family and 1 vacation album) and usually a special one. Special ones start in 2009, family ones are 2012 to 2015 (2016 is still being worked on).

And the traditional ones since 2001 to 2010 with a few special albums too. Okay the top shelf is leaning because the smaller digital ones normally sit there. And then there is the 20 year gap that is not scrapped, just printed pictures sitting in boxes upstairs in closets. The only year not shown is 2011, two big traditional albums that need to be finished.

DSC_1939.JPG DSC_1940.JPG

mcurtt and klee73010 like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Another member mentioned in a thread about cohesiveness, and I directed her to this thread. Going thru it again, and just smiling at ya'lls printed books!

Mylinn likes this.
  10. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'll post a photo when I get home. I think I have 8 8x8 Shutterfly books (5 more in progress) all lined up on my shelf. I love how little space they take up. They're also easier for my grandma to handle than the huge 12x12 paper books.

AnneofAlamo likes this.