Printing with border

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Julie Miller, Feb 6, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So....random fact about me: I worked in a printing press once. We made phonebooks mostly, but we also did a lot of other things that were smaller like programs for events and such. I've always wondered if Shutterfly has a similar set up? I know Persnickety does not! I've been to their (old) store, and it's not on the same scale.

It's actually surprisingly easy to get something cut just a little off. Maybe you don't hold the square right, or pound them in together right. But regardless, that's where quality check comes in. I'm bummed that it happened to your book Sara! But I totally get how it could happen.

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi and welcome. I get all of my pages printed at Persnickity Prints. I'm sure if you put a border around your layouts, they could print them that way. I used to use the PL printing, but am happier with Persnickity Prints.

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

@Julie Miller and @bestcee - The magical Miss @lulyg14 just posted this on fb...

I go into Advanced Editing and shrink my page with a slightly larger margin in the gutter (middle) of book. Then go to Page and select apply to all pages. I’ve done it for my last 3 books and it works out very well!

I just tried it and it works like magic! I'm going to try it on my next 8x8 book since the border seems so wide for that small of a book. I'm sure you can follow the same "page>apply to all" instructions to apply the border to all pages at once!

Thanks Luly!!

wvsandy, bestcee and lulyg14 like this.
  4. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

[​IMG]
    printed for 10x10 book

[​IMG]
    I used Design G and added tabs for each day

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    GlazeFamily3 and bestcee like this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...