Prime Reading?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Overall, I love books read by the author. They seem to be able to put the right tone that was intended. Although, there are a few authors that are really hard to listen to. I always used their sample listen to see if I could handle the voice.

What kinds of books do you like?

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I typically read historical fiction - though will ocassionaly read a best seller if I hear good things about it. I am not a huge fan of suspense, but I read Zoo recently and the suspense didn't get to me as much as it has in the past so maybe I'm maturing. LOL

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That is a fantastic book! I loved it: different but not "so weird I can't follow what's going on" (cuz obviously a world of magicians has a few different rules than our regular world lol). I have read the first two of the trilogy (via Kindle Lender's Library) and bought the third book, which I just haven't had a chance to read yet. Anyway, I hope you like it!

tkradtke likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, and yes, I saw the little ad for Prime Reading. I downloaded a book but I didn't realize I got 10 at a time. That's 3 more than my city's digital library! :clappy

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Good to know! I'm not far at all yet, I left my Kindle downstairs at bedtime last night and I was too lazy to go back down to get it... so I missed my nightly reading time. :-)

Tree City likes this.
  6. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

If you like romance/chick lit you'll probably like Letting in Light by Emma Davies. There is a difficult/traumatic issue that underlies the story but I really enjoyed this one. Looking for other recommendations. I read everything - including and especially sci fi and fantasy.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    tkradtke likes this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks for that suggestion! I may try it next. I'm behind on my Goodreads goal for this year, so I would love to have a couple books lined up to read. I lose so much time just deciding what to read next and then tracking it down.

Does anyone know how this will work? Are new books randomly added in or will there be a (monthly?) turnover?

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@tkradtke I have looked and looked and cannot find an answer! Now I want to know, too!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm pretty sure we dont have that here or @amandac would be all over it but I'm cracking up at you cracking up reading that!

10. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

You can get the free monthly books through the app. It doesn't have to go to a Kindle device.

11. klee73010

How do you do this? Because I am unable to do so, either.... through the app. :/

12. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Love this!!! Off to download another book :)

13. mollyc

I do it the same way I do all my books, just have it sent to my iPad. I typically "buy" the books on my computer, but you can also use your browser on your phone/tablet, rather than the app, and then have it sent to your device.

I think you are correct in that you can't "buy" the free books through the app, but you can use a browser to do so.

klee73010 likes this.
  14. tinkerbell1112

going to have to give this a go! I have been under the impression for 2+ years we've been prime members that I had to have an actual kindle product!

15. tinkerbell1112

ok, just tried and it gives me this message. Wonder if this is new?? I swear I've never been able to do it, but it's also been ages since I've tried!

Get the Kindle App
    Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. mollyc

Well you do need to have the app to read on a non-kindle device. But you don't need a kindle to get the free books.

jenn mccabe and bellbird like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I saw this in my inbox too but don't have time to read too much ... it's all textbooks these days. I can barely keep up with the 1 book a month freebie from Amazon Prime. But come summer I will be all over this. :)

@tinkerbell1112 Like @mollyc mentioned, I've been getting them sent to my iPhone (and can also view them on my iPad) for a long time now. Glad you figured it out! Enjoy! :)

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I was legit just reading this thread, and Amazon gave me a notification that there are some magazines included! Going to check those out.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  19. klee73010

I just figured out how to "borrow" magazines from my local library, too, through "Zinio" app. I was immediately thinking about cancelling the one subscription I have, and found the Highlights "High Five" magazine I was considering for the kids. I am totally in love with reading (books, magazines, audio...) right now, again. Lol!

bestcee likes this.
  20. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I need to take advantage of this, I spend way too much on books!