Prime Reading?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have you guys seen this?!? (Sorry, I'm in the US, I know Prime benefits can vary based on country)
    [​IMG]

I checked it out. It works! Up to 10 books for free at a time. Now, of course, it's not always the newest books, but I'm cracking up reading Darth Vader and Son.

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

That used to be Kindle Unlimited that I paid for. Have a question in to Amazon. Cool.

3. carilyne

Do you have a link for that?

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I wish we had something like that here in Canada. I have a Kobo and asked if we'd be getting a Canadian monthly subscription like they started in the US and they said no. Bummer. I'd be happy to pay a monthly fee if it was available to us.

Lindzee likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I'm on my kindle. I just went to my Amazon and the prime reading with new was there. I got two books. See you in a few days.lol. thank you Courtney...

bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Wow - I'll have to tell hubby about this. He's always looking for something to read on his business trips.

bestcee likes this.
  7. carilyne

It can only be the person who owns the account. There is supposedly a way around that, but I don't remember. They say it's almost as good as Kindle Unlimited without the cost. I'll let you know how they compare.

bestcee likes this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I noticed this the other day, but got overwhelmed with the choices. Any recommendations from this selection for a good, quick read. Not really in the mood for anything too heavy at the moment. Thanks!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is wonderful! I'll go check it out now!

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I ended up downloading The Paper Magician. If anyone else ends up reading it, let me know!

bestcee likes this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@carilyne kindle unlimited is different than prime reading. You get access to far more books with unlimited, because that is an additional paid membership.
    Eta: I see your next post now where your found this already. Sorry!

Prime reading is new... like last week or something. I downloaded a kids book today to check it out, so when we read that either this evening or tomorrow, we'll probably go through all the kid's ones very quickly.

12. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

You know prime also gets access to Audible channels and streaming of some books free there also? We tried that yesterday. Kaydence and I listened to Clifford, and a Nate the great book. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  13. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I had no idea about this. Now I am excited to see what's on there. I started reading Qualify: The Atlantis Grail Book 1 when it was a free book. Unfortunately, the second book isn't listed under Prime Reading.

14. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

Oooh! Thanks for sharing, I need to check this out! :)

15. carilyne

I can always go back. My account doesn't get used as much as my husbands so we left his Unlimited. I'll see if Prime is any good and if they add more books.

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'd love to know how it compares to Kindle Unlimited. I believe that one offers audiobooks too?

Prime Audible benefit is very lackluster.

17. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

We do. I am a member of kindle unlimited in Canada. Benefits don't seem quite the same, but still worth it.

18. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Let me know what you find out Carilyne. I am a prime member and a kindle unlimited member and if they are combining them for one fee, it would be good to know. Thanks.

19. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I have it but haven't read it yet - I will get started on it!

20. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I noticed this the other day. But after browsing through the books nothing jumped out at me. I'd love to know what y'all read and if it's good. I can't take advantage of my free kindle book a month because I don't have a kindle...just the app so I was excited to see this and audible was offering 2 free books with a trial. But, again, I don't do a lot of listening to books so don't know what to get !