Pocket Template Maker

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by dsweeney, Feb 3, 2017.

1. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

I am new to digital scrapping and i have just purchased the Pocket template maker 2 . I would love to know if there are any tutorials on how to add papers & photos etc to the template , or any tutorials that might be useful. I am using PSE15. Thanks very much.

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Both versions have links to videos on the store item page. I found them quite useful even though I've yet to start using version 2. MOC took all my mental energy...lol.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Here is one that is listed in the store with the actual product you purchased:

I am an YOUtube addict and being brand new to the hobby...I so recommend it! go to beginners.
    Here is one you might like

4. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Thanks to you both, i have watched the one that came with the pocket templates, was really wanted to see how to use add things to them , so the second video is great thanks. Is there anywhere to see what pages that others have done with the templates ??? x

5. cookingmylife

Any layouts of mine here https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/users/cookingmylife.5265/ back to about March 2016 were done with the template maker. After making the template with the spots for photos and/or whatever, I reduced it to 90% left the white at 100% and then added a layer below the white to use for a patterned paper and I believe that is 103%. It's been a while since I made them!

6. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Thanks you pages are great , and i will try my pages with your measurements. x

7. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Thanks so much for the reply, please could i ask if you would mind explaining how to resizse each layer, as i have tried and cant seem to get it right, i am using PSE 15 thanks so much.

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I use the template maker a LOT... even for non-pocket pages. I use it to make a template for my photos... that way I can play with placement and size before cropping my photos. Here is my gallery (if I used the template maker, it will be listed first in my supply list)...

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/users/tkradtke.1610/

9. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Thanks so much, i love your layouts and they have know convinsed me i need Photo Edges and Shadows - Shadows {dressed up} by Fiddle-Dee-Dee. Will have to find out how to use them but they sound very handy to have .

10. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

11. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Thanks they are fab, i am new to digital scrapbooking but learning so much, please can i ask how you changed the white border to a different plain colour and how you added the patterned paper background layer, Thanks

12. cookingmylife

@dsweeney Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. I am trying to remember what I did as once I had 30+ templates or so made, I just use a prior .psd and remove all the photos, embellishments and resave as 17 wk x,y,z. I just never found a good way to name them short of Template 1, Template 2 etc which had no real meaning.

First of all, I believe I resized (part of the action) twice to get bigger spaces between the various masks. I also added a slight drop shadow to the bottom right for all of those newly created blocks/masks. So now I'd have the template I made with all my shadowed masks. Then I duplicated the empty base layer. Call the copy something like White Background, or just base copy.

Then I selected EVERYTHING above above the original base over in the layers section and hit control/cmd T.

This will have all the layers, incl that new White Background/base copy, selected. (I also rename the original base with Mommyish's credits so I don't forget to add them AND save that new blank template with that info. Sure saves a bit of future time.)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.14.26 PM.png
    At the bottom of my screen you'll see what comes up with the central/cmd T. You are now resizing everything above the original base.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.14.58 PM.png

Now this is where I believe I selected 90%, making the inner part of the layout 11 inches, and giving the layout a paper border of ½ inch of patterned paper all around. I also used all around lift glow to that base copy background, though it isn't visible because it's above a dark patterned paper. It's another one of the shadows I have added at the beginning and is saved in all my templates made with the Mommyish action. If the inner paper base seems too small for you, you can select That Layer Only, hit cntrl/cmd T again and enlarge it. I MAY have made this 103%.

If I have time this weekend, I'll try it all with the newer action and see if my #s are correct. But once you get to this part, it's a lot of playing to see what YOU like. I realized that I rarely use a lot of patterned paper but like them so I add them here. It's all in what you like.

13. dsweeney

dsweeney New Member

Wow thanks so much for a very detailed reply, i will try it following your instructions later . I will play around to see which border size etc i like. Thanks so much again.