Photoshop Rotation Help!

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by jwarcup, Feb 26, 2017.

1. jwarcup

jwarcup New Member

Hi there! Super newbie to the forum, but not to digital scrapbooking.

Here's my problem: The last couple times I have been working on a page I have had issues with rotating images in photoshop. They look distorted after rotating and I can't figure it out. I can adjust the size without problems, but when I rotate pictures to clip them in a template they have pixelated lines and things on them. I also noticed it happening with the frame that goes around the pictures when I rotate them too.

I've added a picture so you can see what I'm describing. The front dark layer is pixelated and the layers behind it are still pretty. :)

I've never noticed it be this drastic before. I would love some help/guidance if anyone has any advice to offer. It's possible I've adjusted a setting and don't know about it... photoshop is tricky like that. [​IMG]

THANK YOU everyone!!

Attached Files:

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I notice that if I am zoomed in at an amount that is greater than 100% Could that be it?

3. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Sometimes it looks like that until you commit to the transformation. Does the pixelation stay after you've hit enter/the checkmark?

londoncuppa, bellbird and bestcee like this.
  4. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Does it still look like this after you apply the rotation? Because mine does this as it's in preview mode but once I apply the rotation, it is sharp again...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to the TLP forum, glad you decided to ask here!
    I would ask what level you are zoomed in at as well-a diagonal line can look 'pixely' because as you'd know, a straight vertical or horizontal line is a lot of squares stacked next to each other and rotating the line will show u the edges of each individual tiny square more defined