Photoshop File Size Exceeded - Help

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by burnbright, Jun 3, 2018.

1. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

I'm hoping someone who uses lots of photos in photoshop elements can offer some advice. I made a layout for the MOC day 7 challenge. It had 28 pictures and many alphas and one pocket card. Halfway through making the page I got an error when saving - Cannot save because the document is bigger than 2 gigabytes. I wanted to finish the challenge so I kept going. At the end I saved a jpeg for the web and one for print.

[​IMG]

I want to redo the page. I think the colours look off (I'm wearing the same shirt for multiple pictures and they don't match) and some photos are too dark. How do I proceed to get a saved complete psd? Should I edit each picture before adding them to the template?

Thank for any ideas.
    Karen

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

First things first: your page is amazing! I wish I had done it too. And I love that you included a photo with the newborn!

Regarding the file size, try saving it as a .tif. It will take up less space, if you use the following settings:
    [​IMG]

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've added loads of photos onto a canvas before, but never had an issue with this. **perplexed** LOL

I'm wondering what size canvas you created and what your pixels/inch was set at . . .

Are you pulling RAW files onto the template or are you using JPGs?

Saving as a TIF will help as I believe the maximum save allowance is 4 GB for that file type.