Photoshop elements 8?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Sep 20, 2017.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm cleaning my desk (gasp!) and ran across a copy of Photoshop Elements 8 for Windows 7. I think I got it in a sale book from years ago, and I no longer have the book.

Anyway, would this work on Windows 10? I thought I'd ask before I tossed it in the trash.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

According to adobe's forums, Adobe "doesn't officially support" PSE8 on Windows 10...but they also say that if you used in on Windows 8, then it *might* work on 10. Here's their FAQ page.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

YW! But maybe someone on here has tried to run it so they can give you personal experience. I wasn't supposed to be able to run PSCS3 on my new laptop, but it worked. (... But I switched to CC anyway!)

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, I'm guessing that it will work because my MIL has been using PSE 5 on her Windows 10 laptop. Give it a go!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

What program do you use now? If it's a lower version then I would imagine this version would work as well, but I use a Mac, not a PC.

7. QuiltyMom

I use Artisan 5, so completely different. I got the discs for the program years ago and forgot I had them until yesterday. I've yet to see if it works. Maybe in a couple of weeks since my next two are awfully busy.

mollyc likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

It's been 20+ years since I worked on a Windows machine, but I'd certainly try it out. PSE11 was the big breakthrough though with a lot of bells and whistles to make the processes easier and closer to the Big Photoshop.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.