Photoshop CC Layers

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bbymks5, May 31, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

A few weeks ago we had to get a new PC so we decided to go ahead and give Photoshop CC a go vs trying to find the CS5 Extended versions disc.

The layers panel is completely different in CC; it has Kind, Name, Effect, Mode, Attribute, Color, Smart Object, Selected and Artboard. CS5 Layers was the blending options in the Design mode.

I've noticed my completed projects don't look as crisp? Am I supposed to change the Layers from Kind to something else?

2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I've never changed "Kind" so my advice is forget about it for now. The blending options are in the row underneath the word Kind. They default to Normal and 100% Opacity.

I remember how different CC seemed when I first switched. Love it now.

bbymks5 likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

That's actually a search function or a filter. By default, the filter type is set to kind. If you click the icons to the right of the drop down, you will be searching for that kind of layer.

So if you had a document with hundreds of layers, you could quickly find layers by name if you had named them all perhaps "custom shadow layer." If you choose "name" instead of "kind" and then type in "custom shadow layer" it would show you those layers.

Does that make sense?

bbymks5 likes this.
  4. bbymks5

Works for me!! Thank you!! It's sooo different!

That's pretty cool!! I had no idea, and hubby didn't either! Thank you!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We had another post about someone saying that they didn't think that the pages were crisp enough. I think everyone said that it looked ok, I have the same problem, but I think it's the compression when you save it to upload to web and not the "real" print file.

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I've never changed any setting with my CC, either. But sometimes, after an update, things get misplaced. Like right now, I cannot figure out how to have more that one un-do. My Cmd>Z only works once, and it's very annoying. So if anyone can give me a heads up on a solution, I'd be forever grateful!

bbymks5 likes this.
  7. djp332

Oh, and my pages are very crisp. I have not noticed any fuzziness at all.

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

You can get more undos by clicking cmd>opt>z to step backward and cmd>shft>z to step forward. Hope that helps you Donna.

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. djp332

Yes, but it will only go back once. I used to go back 50 times if I needed to.

10. keepscrappin

Oh I didn't understand your question. I wonder if your preferences got toasted. Open your Preferences. Edit>Preferences>Performance and see if your number of History States is set to 1. This controls the number of steps backward you can go. Increase it to get more steps. Mine is set to the default of 50.

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. djp332

It says 50.

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Use History .. it goes back further than the undo. I have printed 4 books now since having CC and the print quality is awesome. Make sure when you are viewing your page you are working on that you are at 100% or intervals of 25.. 25%, 50% etc on your screen.. that will help with the crispness on viewing, so it is not wonky or fuzzy.

bbymks5 likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

hmmm... I wonder if your hard drive is getting too full. Check which drive it's using for your scratch disk in preferences and see if you're running out of room. Other than that I'm not sure what you can do besides using the history panel like Christa suggested. You may have to open a support ticket with adobe, darn it.

14. bbymks5

Does it matter if I'm in 8, 16 or 32 bit?

I wonder if there's a monitor setting that I need to check maybe?

Oh no!!! Hopefully you can figure it out, undo is one of my BFF's!! Do the updates happen automatically or do we have to okay them?

I'll have to remember to view at 100 or in 25's...maybe that's my problem?

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I'll have to remember to view at 100 or in 25's...maybe that's my problem?
    ---
    @bbymks5

It very well could be.. I have the scroll wheel in my mouse as my zoom... sometimes I zoom so I can see better and my layout may be at 133%...then when I add my journaling the journaling is not crisp.. I zoom back out and voila it is crisp. I have not changed a thing

bbymks5 likes this.
  16. bbymks5

I'll have to pay attention to that for sure; I used to have my mouse do that but I turned that option off b/c it drove hubby crazy LOL! He's not very light handed with the poor thing.

cfile likes this.
  17. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

This is AMAZING!! I never knew about this and have been SO irritated by only being able to go back once! THANK YOU!! :heartlub :heartlub :heartlub

keepscrappin likes this.