Photography Peeps! Lens question!

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by mrs2a50, Feb 4, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Nope! I remember Kat saying she dropped her brand new camera. But I'll pretend I meant to tag you too... I'm glad you saw it!

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

BAWWWHAAAAAA!!!! Are you tired of me yet??? LOL Want me to go hide again?!

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Never! No never!
    [​IMG]

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  4. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have a Nikon D7500 and the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is my go-to lens; I bought it five years ago and I use it for everything! I used to switch between two or three lenses, depending on what I was shooting, but since getting this one, I use it exclusively. (Except for marching band performances; I have a 300 mm lens that I combine with a 1.4 TC for those. For everything else, 18-200 seems to cover the range.)

I am strictly a hobbyist; I mainly take photos of my kids and their activities or of the places that we go (with the kids. LOL) Mainly auto settings, indoor and outdoor, never with a flash. There are better lenses, but this one works really well for me and I am happy with all of my photos, action and low light included.

When considering it, I wasn't sure about the f/3.5 in low light, but I think the VR helps with that, because I don't have any issues with the photos I take. For me, the photos are comparable to the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 that it replaced.

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

In addition to my Sigma 18-300 (I think that is what it is), I have a Sigma Macro 105mm (love it and good for portraits too). I also have a Sigma 14-50 F2.8. Love that too for lovely out of focus stuff and indoor low-light. Sigma and Tamaron lens are good quality for a fraction of Nikon and Canon costs.

My next wishlist is a new camera body as I want one with better ISO range. I have a Nikon D3200, but am dreaming of a D7500.

bestcee likes this.