Phobias

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Feb 3, 2018.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Have you ever gone under the Sunshine Skyway? I was on a cruise in 2010 (actually this week) out of Tampa. Leaving we went under it at dusk. Couldn't really see a whole lot. We were supposed to come back under it about 7 in the morning but the ship lost an engine the day before so we couldn't cruise at the normal speeds because of extremely choppy waters and down an engine. We were 4 or 5 hours late coming in so everyone was on deck as we went under the bridge. Got some awesome pics of how close the ship comes to it.

bestcee likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Oh Jan, I am so with you re roller coasters are mostly a yes.. (I say no to the hulk or the dragons at Universal) and absolutely NO , a big NO to those ferris wheels. I have a terrible time and almost panic when stuck up at the top waiting for the loading/unloading. When we went to London, I had no wants to go on the London Eye.. I took photos, but no desire to go on it :) I also have a hard time looking up like in the stairwell of our house. I get crazed with that if I am stationary and looking up... I can fly and such like that, but looking down from the edge of something is not my cup of tea. we went to Vegas and was on the Stratosphere, which eating at the restaurant at the top was fine, but going on the roller coaster at the top was a one time ting for me.. I was a ghost with white knuckles after the ride was done. never again!! :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

I’m Claustrophobic, can't stand tight spaces or going under ground in caves etc. The idea of being buried makes my skin crawl so have made provisions in my will to be cremated. Odd, I know but thats how irrational it is.

4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Phobias? Probably heights would be the one. I love to hike, and climb. But I don't like to be in malls with multiple stories, or try to use escalators. I think it is due to dealing with unpredictable vertigo. I once was riding an escalator and nearly fell backwards due to vertigo.:imok:party3 Since then being "elevated" seems to trigger the balance gremlin. :spin