Online Shopping help (not TLP)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Feb 16, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

just realised it’s been almost 3 months since I ordered something from Canada and its still not arrived - I knew it would take between 25-84 business days but have not had any more updates since November 30th saying the shipment was on its way. Who would you contact and how should I approach it? The store or Paypal since I paid through paypal?

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jennifer, I would contact the store. Has the money come out of your bank account?
    Also is it a business you have bought from before?

3. littlekiwi

Money came out immediately but it was a new store that had just opened a week or so prior to me buying stuff.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yep, I agree with Anne-Marie...contact the store and then, if you don't get anywhere with them, contact Paypal! I would ask if they have any kind of tracking information for it or could tell you exactly when and how it was shipped.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  5. A-M

I do not think Paypal will be able to help with whether the goods have been shipped or not.

Before ordering did you make sure they ship to overseas?
    I got caught once here within Australia... buying something from Tasmania .. they took my money but did not send the goods as legally they could not.. it was seed potatoes. I did not think about the interstate rules on produce.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Did they provide a tracking number? I once had something from LEGO get stuck in customs, but I had a tracking number (plus LEGO emailed me and then I called to follow up).(I ask because if it's stuck in customs, then that might explain it. And if there isn't a tracking number but the company claims to provide it, then you can use that as a reason to cancel the transaction on their end.)

I hope you get this figured out. And hopefully PayPal helps you out if the store won't!

7. littlekiwi

@A-M, there was and still is nothing to say they won’t ship outside of North America so I don’t know if that is the issue

@Tree City the email confirming it’s been shipped on the 11/30 was supposed to show tracking but it doesn’t seem to work for me so I’ve emailed them about it

8. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I would notify PayPal also. there is a window that you have to notify about not receiving something.

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

Just checked into Paypal - I have 180 days from purchase date so I’ll wait a week and go from there to allow the seller to respond to my email and allow for time differences

bestcee and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  10. A-M

That is good to know as I did not think Paypal would help as they are just a service for payments.

11. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

basically you can "dispute" it, kind of like you can with a credit card. Then the liability falls on the seller to prove they actually shipped the item, etc. I don't know exactly how it works, but in the fabric groups on Facebook, people are contacting paypal all the time for fabric that they pre ordered and then the seller skips out!

littlekiwi, bestcee and A-M like this.
  12. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Hey @littlekiwi - sometimes the tracking codes don't work from other countries. I've had this happen when ordering from the US before. I'm in Canada. If you wanted to PM me the shipping company's name (Canada Post, UPS, FedEx), and the tracking number they sent to you, I can see if I can use the tracking code from within Canada, and double check that your package was shipped.

13. littlekiwi

@Juliestcyr, they haven’t given a tracking number so I’m following that up. Having said that, looking at the option I chose for shipping, it doesn’t look like it’s tracked anyway. I chose a longer, slower option to save money - as it is small packet international surface was $20, any other option was $20-70 more.

14. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Gah! that is nuts. I will tell you that I ordered something from Oz on January 26th and it arrived at my house yesterday. I think I paid $13 for shipping. If you can get a shipping number from the seller, or need some muscle in Canada, just let me know! I am sort of lawyer-ish (I have a law degree, and I work in the legal field, but am not a lawyer per se), and can be very intimidating over the telephone.

Justagirl and littlekiwi like this.
  15. littlekiwi

I’m lucky it’s only a gift for my mum who grew up and lived in BC for 30 years so she understands that it was going to be after christmas before she got it.

For anyone wondering this is what I’m waiting for

[​IMG]

KatrinaHunt13 and bestcee like this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know that from the US even non trackable packages have a customs number that can be used to check on something. Only letters don't receive a customs number typically. I don't know if Canada has the same?
    Good luck! I hope it either shows up or you get your money back!

17. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Jennifer- If you do file a dispute with PayPal, you have to follow it up with filing an actual CLAIM to get your money back within 7 days.

I didn’t realize that once and lost money after the seller never acknowledged me. The initial dispute is only to give the seller a chance to respond. @littlekiwi

littlekiwi likes this.
  18. littlekiwi

londoncuppa likes this.
  19. littlekiwi

This is the reply I got, not sure what to do next.

I am sorry to hear that your order has not arrived. I can confirm that the package was sent on November 30th. Please let us know when it arrives.

20. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

If there’s no tracking number, I would proceed with filing a claim with PayPal.

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.