OhLife users?

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by AlliJ2008, Jul 11, 2011.

1. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

never heard of this. Just signed up. I'm going on my 4th year of project life. First 2 years I used facebook for my photos and journaling. Last year I went to a private blog. Will try this for 2012

2. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

i'm giving this a try this year. . . . just to have some thoughts down each day in one place might really help me recall some of those important daily details.

3. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

I started this about 2 weeks ago. Its so easy too :) I like doing this.

4. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I haven't missed a day of Oh Life this year yet. I've copied and pasted my journaling into my Project Life album. I Oh Life every night because I find that even the next day or two days later, I don't remember the details of my days anymore, LOL. I find it super-useful.

5. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

it has been so great for PL!

6. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

This is awesome! I don't know how many times I've tried to keep a journal, but with everything else, I always forget. I just signed up, and I'm super excited! I think I'm even going to get my kids doing this...

7. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

I started using it this year and so far I love it!! Great for PL, :)

8. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I use it... sometimes. But I found something I like much better.

If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad - check out a little app called Momento. It pulls information from your social feeds (Twitter, Facebook, blog, Flickr, etc.) - Boom done. :) You can even manually add things that you didn't share with the entire world. So, when you go back - some of your journaling is there.

9. kelley

Since this got bumped, just thought I'd update....I've been using it now for 2 months and I'm loving it. It is such an easy way for me to journal. I can't believe how much I would forget if I didn't write it down. I have mine set to email me at 8 pm which is usually when I'm on the computer a bit before bed, so it is perfect for me to quick reply to the email and get stuff down.

10. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I've been consistent since mid December when I first saw this thread... LOVE the daily reminder! Sometimes I do it the next morning, but at least then I can still remember what happened:)

11. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Yes, haven't missed a day since 12/29/11. Love it. I always copy and paste text from my Oh Life entries into blog posts and Project Life pages.

12. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I love the process of OhLife. I have been pretty faithful. There was about a weeks time period when for some reason I was not getting the emails, but other than that it's been seamless! I am okay if I miss a day here and there, it just is nice to get it down. Some days are a quick little blurp, and other days are longer. Very random writing coming from me, but I am sure it will be fun to see later in life! I hope that someday they offer a way to easily upload it all into a neat book of some sort!

13. kelley

I was thinking the same thing Amanda. Like a blog book, but for this. That would be wayyyy cool.

14. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I've been keeping up with this as well. My writing is a bit lame but at least I'm keeping it up to date. I also note what we're eating for dinner as I'm always forgetting meals. I haven't looked back on it but just faithfully write and e-mail back my journaling each night before bed. Wonder if you can print it up?

15. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Since it's email I have all mine labeled "Oh Life" in gmail and I just click on that label and all my Oh Life replies are in one place. So I'm sure you can print any of it out.

16. falwyn

falwyn New Member

From the website you can export your entire archive to a text file (I do this occasionally for a backup) and you can print that... I'm thinking of making mine into a blurb book or something, with a few added photos...

17. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I just started using this service this week. I am loving it! How simple! I had Momento too but didn't really keep up with it.