OhLife users?

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by AlliJ2008, Jul 11, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I have seen in a few threads here where people mention using OhLife to keep track for P365 and other things. I am trying to incorporate more journaling in my LOs but I know it will be hard to keep up with everything so I signed up this morning.

Anyone who uses this have any tips for getting the most out of it?

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

One of my good friends IRL is doing this for her baby. I keep trying to talk myself into it for days when I don't get to my PL cards right away.

Anyone gone back and used something you wrote for a LO or album? I need some motivation here! LOL

3. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I use it! It has saved my P365 / PL this year! :)

While I was still deciding how I was going to tackle my P365 I used it daily to record my journalling. Now, I use it as and when we have a 'big' day - a trip, or a birthday for example - that I know I will forget all the details if I don't write them down! Getting the timing of the email right was important to me, I ended up moving mine to email me at about 9pm, when I don't usually have anything pressing to do. I did have it set up earlier in the day and it just stressed me out and I ended up not doing it!

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I signed up for it awhile back when I heard everyone talking about it but it didn't last long for me. I just found it was 1 more step to do and something else to go searching back through. I just started PL last week and I find that for me it just works better to take a few minutes each night to fill out my card for that day. I also have a little notebook that I keep by my computer that I will jot stuff down in that I don't want to forget at the moment but am not ready to scrapbook or throw in the PL yet. I just find that works better for me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I signed up about 2 and a half months ago and I haven't missed a day yet. I love the idea of a daily journal and I've tried to keep one, but I never last very long. I do however check my email every day, so I see the OhLife email reminder and I take a few minutes and type something quick out for each day. I don't worry about grammar or sometimes if I'm in a super hurry I don't even use complete sentences, just jot a quick list. That way I keep the little details from each day that I'd never remember otherwise.

I especially loved it while I was on vacation last week. I made sure to record the names of the places that we went because I find myself thinking I'll remember the name of each waterfall or park that we visited and a year later when I get around to scrapping things, I never can! :)

Plus, I can type a whole lot faster than I can write. :)

6. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

That is right in line with what I was thinking of using it for...wondering if I even just got a list in for the day including things like proper names of a place we went or restaurant we ate at I could scrap later without wondering about those details. I never remember those things.

7. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

I've used it religiously since April. Every night I force myself to write a couple of lines about my day before I shut down my computer. It's a good way to remember the little things I might not have pictures of. Some of my album pages are just diary type entries with my Oh Life journaling by date.

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

OK, finally signed up. :)

9. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

I wish I had been using this at the beginning of the year, I may still be doing Project Life.

I love the idea of a daily journal, even outside of scrapbooking. My Mum has been journaling in a dairy every day for the past 4 years. She was inspired by a neighbour who did the same for many, many years. When he passed away his family read a diary entry for every person at his wake, it was so touching and powerful.

Another good site is FutureMe.org. I am not sure it would be a big scrapbooking tool, but as a personal growth and reflection thing it is a great idea. You basicaly write yourself a letter and nominate how far into the future you want to send it to yourself.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  10. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I have been trying to keep up. I don't seem to be super successful with things like this that require me to be thoughtful every day (I only made it about 2 months with P365) but I can do things that are about once a week (still doing P52 this year). I have been writing the email most days but not beating myself up if I miss a day here or there.

11. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Hey Alli! I signed up for Oh Life about the time you did. I've found for me that doing lists within it works very well for me. I don't need a novel to remind me what happened that day, just a few well thought out details. I haven't gone back and used it for much yet, but I'm sure I will!

PS...this is Jewelle : )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  12. MamaBee

MamaBee CT - Kate Hadfield

I signed up using oh life I think it was in Sept... I had to move my emails up to the morning so I could add to it through out the day. I've found that if I'm sending a "what's going on here" email to my mom or hubby at work - I'll copy and send it oh life... that works for the most part - but I've missed a number of days... :eek:

13. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I have never heard of this site, but I love the idea! I just signed up. I hope that I can keep up with it. It will really make PL a breeze.

14. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Ive been doing this for months. I just write a sentance or two though each day.

15. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I just signed up yesterday. Next year I'm determined to do P365 and I'm hoping that Oh Life will help me :)

16. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Hi Jewelle!!!

So, how bad would it be if I admitted that I only followed through on about a week of OhLife emails??? *Sigh* Life is just too busy to do everything I want to do + document it! lol. I do like the concept/idea of doing it.

17. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Never heard of it until now! WOW, this may be my saving grace in 2012!

18. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I've now been using it for about a month, and I'm SO glad I signed up! I have missed a few days here and there, but I love that I'm getting the good stuff written down somewhere. Like when Lilly said "Dada" for the first time. Now I know the exact date, and won't have to guess when I go back to document this week!

19. kittychen

kittychen New Member

Oh this sounds interesting, I need to go browse and sign up!

20. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Oh this could be very very helpful... just signed up now. Thanks for this!