November Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'November 2016 Challenges' started by MandaKay, Oct 23, 2016.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

This month we are going to reminisce. Our photography challenge is going to be around the word nostalgia. Use nostalgic as your inspiration this week. Long for the moments we want to recapture. The good times. One of my uncles passed away this past month, and as we celebrated his life at the funeral, I was brought back to some foundational truths that I learned as a child in my upbringing. It was very meaningful and nostalgic for me, and I took a picture of the program which had the reading on it that I learned years ago. This challenge is to maybe sit and be nostalgic for a while and think of something that you learned as a child or did as a child that you never want to forget!!!

ETA: I prefer you take a new picture creatively as your photo since this is a photography challenge - but it can be a picture of a picture or a picture of an old trinket, etc... Hope that makes sense!

[​IMG]

Please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

What a thoughtful challenge Amanda. I really love this idea. So sorry about the passing of your uncle. {{HUGS}}

MandaKay likes this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

The father of a very close lifelong friend of my husband died last week. It was sudden, but he was 91, so maybe not unexpected or terribly sad in the way some sudden deaths might be. Everyone from the old neighborhood seemed to be there and really everyone had a lot of happiness reminiscing.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    KarenW and MandaKay like this.
  4. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

So can we use an older photo since we're being nostalgic?

5. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

@rchansen if you can think of a creative way to take a photo of something from the past that would be preferred, since it is a photography challenge. Maybe take a picture of a trinket that means something from way back, or take a picture of an old picture creatively. I will give a little bit of grace if you absolutely cannot take a photo of something you really want to scrap, but definitely the idea is to take a more recent photo creatively! Hope that makes sense!

6. rchansen

Okay - I was going to do one thing but I have an idea. Working on it!! Thanks. :)

7. rchansen

8. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

My love of Star Wars started when my father took me to the theater to see episode 6 when I was a child. He passed away 17 years ago. He would have loved the new Star Wars episodes. So this layout is in memory of my father who influenced my love of Star Wars and now I share it with my kids. My 3rd child was Podracing Anakin this year. I took the Darth Vadar picture at Disneyland from a our trip a few months ago - so they are both recent photos to make my nostalgic memory:)
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the challenge. I chose one of my favourite hangouts, full of vintage and retro charm.

MandaKay and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

11. sandsock

sandsock If you need me I'll be on my island

Oh my, this was too funny....I snapped these just a few days ago, meaning to tell this story, then you posted this challenge....love when that happens!
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  12. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's my take
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  13. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

This challenge was so timely. I was nostalgic about this smile from my mil that is super rare. My DH bought her this watch that got her smiling like this and I wanted to capture this forever! :)

[​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  14. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

thank you for this challenge
    my page
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Mine:
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  16. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

17. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Found my old teddy the other day, so good to document a part of my childhood
    [​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ah..my mother's old sweater.

[​IMG]

MandaKay likes this.
  20. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

I called my daughter and made her take a picture of this handmade birthday card for this challenge:
    [​IMG]

MandaKay and Electra like this.