November Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'November 2016 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Oct 21, 2016.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I seriously cannot believe that I just typed that title - NOVEMBER (!!!) Journaling Challenge. Um, wow! where has the time gone?! It is a whirlwind, that is for sure. It has been a very busy fall filled with non stop commitments, activities, appointments, and all of the busyness that fills a full house. But, I'm not going to complain (too much) as it does keep me on my toes and I really do appreciate every moment of this life I life.

But with so much going on, I often get stressed as I feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions. Trying to tread water just to get through, and just getting through without really getting through it all well. And it is my desire to give everything my all, my best, and make it all as good as it can be. I know that when I get caught up in the stress, I lose focus on what is here, what is good, and what really matters.

So this month, my challenge for you (and me!) is to focus on what really matters. Think about the things that mean most to you and use that to tune out all of the other noise around you. And use this prompt to create your journaling page: what really matters.

Since this is a journaling challenge, you should have several sentences about what really matters. Here are some journaling ideas to get you thinking:
    * Use the prompt "This really matters because..." and use it several times in your journaling for repetition.
    * Journal using a stream of conscious style writing on whatever comes to mind when you think about what really matters to you.
    * Document an event and explain it's importance - this really matters.
    * Document an everyday routine and share how this is significant, why this routine matters.
    * Find some things that you are grateful for right now and journal about how these things matter.

Here is the layout I created, using both stream of consciousness journaling and repitition of the phrase: this matters to me. so incredibly much.

[​IMG]

My journaling reads:
    what might seem like just a quick, run of the mill, everyday selfie to some, is actually quite more to me. so much more.

this photo of the two of us together, is really quite the big deal to me. you see, i’m not one to have my photo taken. i prefer to be the person behind the lens. and as a result of my selfiephobia, there are so very few photos of you and me. i’ve come to realize that there are pathetically few...moments of us doing things together weren't captured for posterity. i only have my memories of those times, and well my memory isn’t the greatest anymore. and now that you are getting older, it pains me to not be able to look back at pictures of the two of us, mom and son. so this photo matters. so incredibly much.

you are sixteen years old now. a junior in high school. thinking about college - and colleges all across the country. um, wow! where did the time go? in the blink of an eye, you went from being my little companion, singing to laurie berkner in the car as i drove you to preschool. now you are learning to drive the car. drive! the days that you will be home with us 24/7 are becoming fewer and fewer. far too quickly. so the fact that you still willingly go apple picking with your family, matters to me. so incredibly much.

the fact that you aren’t embarrassed to be seen in public with your old mom and will smile for a selfie with me, even if you really aren’t in the mood for it, matters to me. so incredibly much.

the fact that as a teenage boy, you will chat with me and share the things in your life that are important to you, matters to me. so incredibly much.

the fact that i have begun to recognize the importance of having our photo taken, together, matters to me. so incredibly much.

you, my sweet, dear son, matter. so incredibly much.

Please remember the monthly challenge rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I hope this challenge inspires you to journal and document those things that really matter to you! :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  2. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

What beautiful journaling! I love your layout. Great challenge!

lcpereyra likes this.
  3. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Awesome challenge!

lcpereyra likes this.
  4. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

5. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great challenge!!!

6. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

7. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

8. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Here's mine. :)
    [​IMG]

jwalls39 likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you are a story teller extraordinaire @lcpereyra ... i've loved reading all the journaling so far on everyone's pages, and i have to say your prompt for this challenge was wonderful! i cried three times (so far) writing my journaling for this challenge. loved this! one of my fave journaling prompts for the entire year!

[​IMG]

jwalls39 and lcpereyra like this.
  13. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Thank you so much for this challenge. My apologize - English is not my first language - so my journaling is a little short.

[​IMG]

jwalls39 likes this.
  14. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

15. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I feel as if something is missing, but nothing seems to fill the "missing" :) so here it is and maybe simple is better on this one
    [​IMG]

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

17. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

This is what truly matters in my life...

[​IMG]

jwalls39 likes this.
  18. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine, thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

jwalls39 likes this.
  20. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

Hete's mine...awesome challenge!