Not Worth the Hype?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bbymks5, Apr 19, 2018.

1. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I buy a new one every year. I get about 3 days.

2. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

How strange is that! Well, this year will tell because I forgot to put them away and they have been hanging outside on the faucet all Winter. I have a feeling I will be buying new ones!

3. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

My husband bought one too - never uses it! And I refuse to go near the thing because I like having all ten fingers intact :) so there it sits on the top shelf with the homemade pop tart mold and the expensive waffle maker that never releases its waffles.....

bbymks5 and Tree City like this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hmmm...funny this started with Kerrygold because I have a block of it in my fridge now. We preferred unsalted Lurpak when we lived in England but in many countries we were lucky to get butter. I bought the Kerrygold when chef/son came to visit but he didn't cook this trip :( so it's mine! Sometimes it can taste too grassy to me so I'll see about this one.

Selfie sticks? I bought one at Dollar Tree but have never used it. I don't want to be 'that woman' with her stick! so it sits in the trunk of my car, just in case. The price was definitely right.

No insta pot, no fancy garden hoses but we do have a Nespresso Espresso maker. Totally worth it in our house and I laugh cause it was tea drinking me who had to talk dh into it after he'd seen and tested them in Italy. We use it every day and he often has an espresso over vanilla ice cream at night. I think it's had daily use for about 3 or 4 years. $150 well spent.
    [​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

that is so cute Jenn!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Worth the hype ... my panini maker. Love that thing so much! I can't find the model I have but it was only like $60.

And we also use the heck out the Ninja blender. It has a big blender body, a food processor body and then little single serve cups with to go caps. Protein shakes, green smoothies, fruit smoothies ... that thing gets used all the time by everyone in the house. It's so used that the top (on the big blender) is kinda broken, but I can hold it with my hand and it blends fine.
    upload_2018-4-20_19-45-43.png
    Not worth the hype: those eco-friendly green non-stick frying pans. The handle part that connects to the pan part is made of some funky material that melts with my high heat gas stove. It may be eco friendly in production, but that smell of that burning material - whatever the heck it is - is downright toxic! I tossed it in the trash ... how's that for saving the environment? :groan

cinderella and bbymks5 like this.
  7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

YAS!!!! Amazon Prime is The. Best. I just ordered something this morning at 6:30 and it's ONE stop away right now!

I'd like to give one of those spiral things a go so I can make zucchini noodles!! Rice cookers are AMAZING too, the rice always comes out so perfect!! I've really good things about the Nutri-Bullets, did she have it long?!!?

I love our Shark vacs!! They have such good suction!

I always wondered about those hoses, returns are such a hassle too!

I haven't heard of sparkling ice tea before! In theory it sounds like it would be good, but if it's anything like the nitro brewed cold coffee, it just doesn't taste right!

I've heard amazing things about the Purple Mattress!! I ordered a Zinia I think last year from Amazon and we love it too! I'm a side sleeper for the same reason LOL

I've heard amazing things about this mattress too!! Glad we all love our online mattresses!!

I can see how the butter would could be inconsistent with it's flavor, maybe I just got an off batch? I too have a Nespresso!! I have a model that can't be bought by the public, but dang that is some good espresso!!

Ohhh, I love panini's!!! I've heard the Ninja's are AMAZING!!

Wait a minute!! A pan that has part that melt with gas stoves!!! Are you sure you didn't get a faulty one?!!? How did that design pass inspections!

8. pkygola

pkygola New Member

I purchased a Janome Serger last week from Amazon, and I'm still waiting for the delivery! Amazon is reliable, no doubts it. Since, it is a heavy product so they are taking time.

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have one of those. But it has a metal handle - all metal! be warned if it's turned too close to the stove as I swear it heats up faster than the pan! I may have burned my hand a time or two on it....

We have one of those spiral things. Dh swore he would use it - so he got it for Father's Day or something. I have a large kitchen, so it sits on the high up cupboard shelf where I don't have to see how much dust has collected on it!
    As far as rice cooker - my pressure cooker makes rice way better than the rice cooker! I don't know if InstaPot is the same, but it should be?

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not worth the hype. Ok, it was my kids hype, but still: the stupid waffle fry cutter. It's a knife that isn't very sharp because it's wavy. So it doesn't cut very well if something is hard, like a potato! Argh.

Worth the hype (from my husband): getting a Moto phone from Amazon. It has the Amazon apps on it, but no carrier apps. And it's unlocked, so it works with multiple carriers. And it was cheap comparatively. And I love it much more than my Samsung.