Newsletter problem

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by rach3975, May 23, 2018.

1. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Lately the graphics in my TLP newsletters don't show. It happens when I look at the email and also when I click the link to see it in a browser. I haven't noticed problems with emails from other sources, at least for the small handful of sites whose newsletters I read. I don't remember exactly when it started, but I know that during MOC everything was still fine. I'm using Chrome and Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmmm. Do you have another email you could try opening the newsletter in? Or another browser?
    Can you see the link "Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser." at the top? Does that work? I'm wondering if it's somewhere in Chrome or Outlook.

I'm not seeing a problem with mine, I'm regularly use Firefox and gmail, and I just opened in in Chrome and gmail to check there.

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I have that all the time, but with all newsletters. It's caused by the email client assuming that links to a website might be dodgy - we have full protection filters on as my children use the same computer. I have a button I can click that turns on online content for a specific email. You might want to check that your email client isn't blocking the online content, if it is there should be an option to unblock it. A recent update could have made your spam filter etc more aggressive.

bestcee likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i use chrome and outlook together and still see images and links - i dont know that i've ever gone in and fiddled with the settings so i assume mine's set to default and i dont have a problem viewing the newsletter (and i went and double checked just now - it does tell me 'not secure' up the top but i can still click on everything and go to the store directly from the newsletter) - is anything else acting up @rach3975 so we can help you narrow things down?

5. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Are you viewing it from a work email? Do you have antivirus software installed?

My office blocks all linked graphics on certain incoming emails, so the graphics may be blocked by either your mail server or antivirus software. Some come through; some don’t. It depends on who the email is coming from.

6. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! I do have the "view in browser" link, but the same thing happens there. I just tried another browser, and I could see the graphics. So then I tried to figure out what was set differently in Chrome, and it turned out to be a browser extension I installed to limit website tracking. I was able to adjust permissions, and now I can see the images. Thanks!

londoncuppa, bestcee and NancyBeck like this.