Newish here :)

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by love2craftjen, Oct 17, 2017.

1. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

Maybe I'm a dummy but how do I go about searching in the store? For example, I search textured cardstock and the results are not close? Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks

bellbird likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi and Welcome to TLP! Not a dummy.... just a little help is needed!

I can try to help... what colors are you looking for. Theme, style? :) In the store, under Paper Packs (on the left) will show *ALL* the papers. If you can narrow it down, we can find what you'd like specifically. These are all clickable.

Here are some neutrals:
    [​IMG]

Woods:
    [​IMG]

A whole slew of basics:
    [​IMG]

Watercolored:
    [​IMG]

PhotoGraphic Textured:
    [​IMG]

Manly:
    [​IMG]

Painty:
    [​IMG]

There are so many! :)

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not a dummy at all!
    The store search is based on how it is labelled, so if there's textured paper in the kit, it will come up in the search. Jenn has a great tip above to narrow down the search!

Also, you can always always post a thread here about what you are looking for, and everyone is happy to share their favorites with you!

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there and welcome!
    I'll add these as a suggestion - if you're coming in from the world of paperscrapping and are used to physical shops with racks of cardstock in every colour under the sun, Amy Wolff has a few packs like these in her Paper Pack section that might be a good start, each contains various colours and textures (and one of the great things about digital scrapbooking is you can tweak or change any colour or pattern in most photoeditting programs with a bit of learning! Feel free to ask or check out the Learning Pad for help and ideas)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I use the advanced search feature and that usually helps find what I'm looking for.

6. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for....lol....I guess just a basic cardstock maybe with maroon (our high school color)...maroon seems tough to find. I will check out the suggestions posted here. Thanks!

It's too bad the search feature doesn't quite work the way others do...

7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I always find the search function really good. You just have to fiddle around a little with search terms if your first try didn't work out as you expected. For example I rarely see paper referred to as "cardstock" in the digi world (not anymore anyway, at the start of digi the term was more likely to come up), but maybe looking for "solids" works better. I entered "textured solids" into the search box and tons of paper packs with solid colours showed up.

jenn mccabe likes this.