New year, new font?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by berniek, Jan 4, 2017.

1. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Do you use a certain font for your PL pages and choose a new one each year?
    I do. ;) Tell me about why you do or don't! And perhaps show them to us?

Last year, I used TheFutureFreaksMeOut by 'our' Heather Joyce.
    [​IMG]

For this year, I choose Salvador, a free font from TheHungryJPEG.
    [​IMG]

2. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Hummm, never thought about changing to a different font each year. I have a few favorites that I regularly go back to and kind of stick with them. Then I have my quirky fonts for titles and such. For journaling, I like clear sharp fonts that are easy to read and I LOVE the one you showed!!!

berniek likes this.
  3. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

For journaling I use the Arial font size 12 (2013-2016).
    For headings or citations - AnnaLightCTT (2014), Aquarelle (2015), a_BosaNova (2016).

berniek likes this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I always pick a new journaling font each year. Last year was Bariol. Haven't figured out what this year's font is yet. I saw one I liked on a blog, but it was expensive (around $20 for the single font if I remember right). I'll have to see if I can locate the name again so I can see if I can find a similar, less expensive option.

destiney1 and berniek like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm not a pocket scrapper... but like to stick to the same few fonts. I use Special Elite most times... and my own handwriting (The Typative Scrapper Tall... but I don't think that is for sale anywhere anymore.)

I'm lovin' on that Canvas font though! Example images always make me want more fonts. :giggle

berniek likes this.
  6. tkradtke

So after poking around on the blog I mentioned earlier, I found some free font suggestions and I kind of like them. She used the Nevis font for titles on photos and the Aleo one for journaling. I think I may try these out. The Aleo is still a clean, easily readable font, but different than the Bariol font I used last year. I think I'm liking the "light". I also like that the entire family was free. Last year when I got Bariol, only the regular and italic was free, which I thought was fine, but there were several times during the year that I wish I could have bolded something but couldn't since I didn't have the entire set.

tlpfonts.jpg

londoncuppa and berniek like this.
  7. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

i've been using my underwood which was a free font out of a just jaimee kit that i think was the first kit i got. but it's like a typewriter style i used it for all my journaling in my project life but i'm thinking of paying to get my own handwriting made into a font this year. maybe. I'll have to look it up again i think it was kind of expensive but i did go thrwe n buy a bunch of new handwriting fonts at xmas time sale with the ebay gift card my hubby bought me. because "i know you like all that scrapbooking stuff but it would be like you buying me hunting gear so no. heres paypal money" hahaha last year was my first year doing digi and i'm thinking of really mixing it up now that i'm a pro ;P

berniek likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have never even thought of changing up my fonts per year. Love those highlighted here though.
    I still have a few days though before I decide and commit.

berniek likes this.
  9. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

Oh yes! I used Writing Stuff Medium two years ago, KG When Oceans Rise last year, and Sweet&Sassy Serif this year. All freebies from Dafont, I try to comply to the Dutch stereotype of being stingy with money whenever I can ;)

berniek likes this.
  10. tkradtke

My PL pages are so similar year after year that any little bit to make it feel fresh helps for me.

RebeccaH likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

KellyM, Mrivas, berniek and 1 other person like this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

KellyM likes this.
  13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

had to get that one you posted, Berniek! It's pretty! I also just grabbed Aleo (thanks Tracie!), and several of those Jen Jones ones (thanks LeeAndra!).

I don't stick to a font. That gets boring to me. And, I've not yet finished one year. :giggle

berniek likes this.
  14. berniek

15. berniek

(I'm not saying I have finished last year. Hey, I'm not that great!)

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  16. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'm tempted to steal that canvas font for my titles. It is clean and stunning.

berniek likes this.
  17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I mostly use Ariel and a font that I had made of my handwriting.

berniek likes this.
  18. tkradtke

Enablers!!! I gave up resisting and downloaded the Salvador font too.

berniek and jk703 like this.
  19. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I do change it up every year. I've used Traveling Typewriter, Aleo and Bariol and this year I'm thinking of using Remington Noiseless. There are some things I don't want to think about every week and fonts is one of them, I also like how using the same font ties all the pages together.

berniek and jk703 like this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I had Heather Joyce here do mine. It's $10. I'm glad I did, even though it's not perfect, because no font will ever match my handwriting since I change letter forms in the middle of the words! But it's mine, and it's recognized by my family as mine. It adds a nice personal touch to my pages when I use it.

That said, I don't always use it because I love fonts too, too much! I used The Everyday for 1 quarter. And I recently used Shadows Into Light a lot, as well as KG Seven Sixteen. I have never stuck to 1 font for an entire year.

KellyM and jk703 like this.