New to Digital Art, where do I start?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Tiff1013, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Tiff1013

Tiff1013 New Member

Hi, I am new to digital art (if thats what its even called), scrapbooking, journaling, etc. I have no idea where to start. Do I have to have photoshop, or is there another program. I searched for some tutorials on here, but I don’t even know what the tutorials are talking about. Any help, advice, websites would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tiffany

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi @Tiff1013 !
    Welcome to digital art, or digital scrapbooking, or whatever you want to call it!
    Where you start depends on what you want to do. There are a lot of us that use Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) which is a monthly payment. There are a lot of us that use Photoshop Elements which is a lighter, but still powerful version of the full Photoshop. And there are some that use a different non-Adobe product altogether.

I started with Photoshop Elements, and moved on to Photoshop CC when I was comfortable with the program. I choose Elements because there were a lot of other digital scrapbookers using it, there were a lot of tutorials - free and paid, and it was easy to use the cute products I bought in it. Plus, because so many scrapbookers use it, it's easy to ask a question in the forum, and someone usually knows the answer!

So, are you looking to scrapbook photos? Or create other art?
    Welcome again!