New Mac, Layouts not Resizing Properly

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by KellyM, May 3, 2017.

1. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Just got a new mac and had all my software transferred. All seems to be going well until I noticed that my layouts seem fuzzy. I am working on a layout right now with a jimbo jambo template. The Lilypad resizing action doesn't seem to get the file small enough to be allowed to upload. I think the 600x600/72 resolution file is saving at 2.0 MBs. Not sure what I am overlooking? I tried to reinstall the action and also ran the psd through my laptop for post production and got the same results. Why is the web sized version staying so large? When prompted to change the size I can't get in under 1.0 even if I move the slider to zero?? I am sure this is user error. Just not seeing the errors in my ways.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Kelly

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I run my Save For Web Action which flattens and resizes to 600x600 and then choose Save For Web (Alt+Shift+Ctrl+S). In the Save For Web dialog box, I click on the Optimize Menu, which is the drop down icon with 4 lines and arrow next to it, to the right of Preset. Then I choose Optimize to File Size. I change Desired File Size to 250K or less (depending on the gallery I'm uploading to). I usually don't have a problem following those steps.

Can you let me know if you're already doing those steps and/or if this works for you? If that doesn't work, perhaps you could send me the PSD to check it out. :)

3. KellyM

Thanks Cheryl. I'm headed to hospital at 5am for another breast revision from my double mastectomy - ugh! So probably won't check this out for a couple of days but will be in touch!
    Thank you!!
    :heartlub

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What's your metadata option? For some templates, not sure why, I have to change the metadata to none in order to get it to save smaller. Also, if it's saving all metadata, including my camera info, it's always huge for me.

**Not on a MAC, but I bet this is the same regardless of OS.

KellyM likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Praying for you!!!!

6. KellyM

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. KellyM

@bestcee - Great recommendations!!!! I need to check that out asap! Thanks!

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

9. KellyM