New here and to digital scrap

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by love2craftjen, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Welcome to TLP, Jen! You've been given lots of great info, but here's a reminder that today is Wednesday, which means SOSN (Something Old, Something New) sale day! Congrats on winning PSE15!

love2craftjen likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hi Jen - I did the same - but made the switch to digi in 2009 - bc I wasn't even scrapping at all with paper (it was just too messy and time consuming) - I've started to dabble a little with paper again recently, but oh the mess! Digi is so forgiving, not at all messy and the best part, like we all know, is if you have a laptop (or some other device) it is mobile! :)

Let us know if you need any help with anything, congrats on winning PSE15, that is awesome ... & we hope to see you in the Gallery!

3. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

Welcome!! I went digi for those reasons and I have kicked myself for not starting sooner!! Welcome - you have found the best little community :)

4. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

How about help with how to organize my digi stash? Tutorials? Forums? Suggestions? Seeing as I'm really new and don't have much I want to start off being organized vs having to do it later!
    Thanks!

Cath_ and bellbird like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

6. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome to The Lilypad Jen!:bwave

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i wish i had thought of this when i started! it will make life so much easier as your stash grows to figure out what way of organising works for you from the start! :stashAnne's link above is a gold mine :)

8. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Jen and Welcome to The Lilypad!

9. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Yay for another Jen! Welcome to The Pad. So happy to have you here with us. :)

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome Jen! You've found a great place. I don't think I could keep up with my scrapbooks if I wouldn't have gone digital.

11. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Yay!! So glad you found your way here!! You've been given so much great info already...take your time to look through it and if you have any questions, we are all here for you!!

12. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Welcome! Has anyone mentioned phone apps that let you digi scrap while hanging with friends, etc. OR the phone apps like:
    Snapseed (free) It is my first go to to edit photos. I take them with my phone and it is an amazing tool. There was this online class or tutorial where the guy said he always goes to the drama filter first and that fixes over half his photos with one click. I'm not as good as him but that one filter is my most used feature....well, and the frames and the noir and vintage....
    Paper Camera - I use this one for fun cartoon/pencil/sketch effects
    PhotoScan is one I am still learning - have an old physical photo. This app takes several shots of it (easy steps well explained, very easy process) and boom, digital version that is sometimes better than the old degraded original.
    I also have Retrica and Repix but rarely use them.
    Welcome again!

13. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Pad Jen :stash

14. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

@love2craftjen,
    Welcome to the Pad! You couldn't have picked a better bunch to help you along! What is this caught up of which you speak, LOL...I say go where the mood moves you. Your family will never say "why didn't she scrap that"? They will just enjoy what you have created for them. Just make sure you print everything you create. You will not only be able to see your progress as a digital scrapper, but you will make sure your pages are enjoyed for years to come!

15. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

One of my first buys from TLP was your 50% Multi Mini Templates 2! Love your style!

16. love2craftjen

love2craftjen Member

Do you print books or separate pages and slide into books? What's your favorite printer?

17. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

@love2craftjen

I've always printed pages so that I could slide them into a 3 ring binder. I have one binder for every year. I used to print at home using a wide format Epson, which was great for immediate gratification, but I eventually realized that it was probably less expensive to order them from Persnickety Prints. Especially if you buy their credits when they have their sales for future use.

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

8.JPG
    If you are interested and have a Costco membership I 've printed from them and have been very happy! I print them in 8x8 and add to actual scrapbook pages for extra fun! This page that I printed I added some real live elements to the top corner only.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

20. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto