Narrowing down wishlist

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 16, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have probably over 100 items on my wishlist and have no idea how to choose 3-5 items off it. I am on a limited budget of around $40 and have the 30% off coupon from last months challenges.

I want to use the coupon on more than just the 2 shadow style sets I have in my cart at the moment, or should I just choose 1 set?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How would you choose what to buy if you had a limited budget generally?

So far this is what I’d like plus a few template sets to freshen up my collection (unsure of which ones from Fiddle Dee Dee Designs undressed temps or Sabrina’s Creations most likely). I have a fair few style sets so going to pass on them this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions on what to buy/not to buy?

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm.. I'd pick one shadow style between the two, and get bundles/kits rather than single pack items. More for your money. For items with the same sorta theme - Book Lover, Stationary, Girl Friday, I might try to pick one first, use that and see what one I want the next time around. See if there is a bundle of templates that you might like to get more for your money!

Happy Shopping! :)

Tree City likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Is there a specific need in your stash- something missing? I would go for that first. I heavily rely on mommyish shadow styles, so I definitely recommend those. I also love her bundles because they include a lot.

cfile likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

Nothing of urgent need right now apart from probably Mommyish shadow styles since that would allow me to seperate the layer in PSE. It’s more that my discount pretty much wipes out the currency conversion for me so makes it roughly $ for $, I normally pay 25-40% more than advertised price. Right now I’m looking at $1USD to $1.36NZD so with 30% off I’m down ro it converting to roughly $1.06

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

When I'm on a budget, insert every month, I go biggest bang for my buck first....and I always choose styles/themes I can use more than once.

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I think Jen @jk703 has a good plan of attack on this one! I second her ideas! My wishlist just grew though ... I need that JJ 24 seven kit! Stationary addict has been on my "need" list for a little while too!

jk703 likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

Well I seemed to have changed my mind yet again but think I’ve decided what I want though will wait til SOSN this week. Ended up not going for any templates cause I’m going to challenge myself to scraplift my pinterest board instead.

BevG, jenn mccabe and jk703 like this.
  8. jenn mccabe

Wednesday SOSN 50% off sales are always a good reason to wait! :agree

LoveItScrapIt and Tree City like this.
  9. littlekiwi

It’s also my payday the day before and about 3 hours before SOSN is live my automatic payments (rent being the main one) go through so once they are done I get a better idea of what fun money I have to play with

LoveItScrapIt and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Let me start by saying you've got some awesome items on your wish list, so I can only imagine how hard it's been to narrow it down! I agree with Jenn that one style set should be good for this month; you could always pick up the other one with next month's coupon.

Also, based off of the items you showed us here, you're drawn to a certain palette: mint/turquoise, peachy-pink, and navy with hints of gray. [All but Girl Friday has navy; all but Stationary Addict has minty/turquoise.] Since you said that theme isn't an issue, maybe you can figure out which kit(s) would work best with the album you're working on? I love all the WA strips in Archetype; they're a big reason why I bought it. But I don't want to sway your decision because I love all those packs!

And I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure the discount doesn't work on bundles? So perhaps you could use the coupon code for kits and the style set, and just pick up the bundles because they're a great price for so much fun stuff. Just a thought. :)

jk703 likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

@Tree City, thanks for reminding me about the bundles thing. You’re right, no bundles with the coupon so I’ll figure out what is a better deal before I buy cause I’d calculated my numbers with the 30% off

To be honest I’ve changed that list around again and am 90% sure with what I’ve selected now

jk703 and Tree City like this.
  12. littlekiwi

ok so I went 91c over budget but I think it was worth it....(I could have got the Fit as a bundle but wouldn't have been able to use rewards on it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. jenn mccabe

Jennifer! awesome picks - you have a little bit of everything for your book! Enjoy your digi treats and looking forward to seeing some of your pages.

14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Nice haul, Jennifer! I love that Paperwhite alpha! I just looked at a layout that I used it on yesterday, and was admiring it again!