Multiplying like... | Pad Patter 2.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Feb 15, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Is there anything that seems to just multiply at your place?

No rabbits here but after some kitchen rearranging, I'm starting to think I have an addicition to buying plastic containers (like the Tupperware/ Sistema kind for food storage) or that they have the ability to multiply - between several years of lunchboxes and various colours and shapes and sizes for leftovers (that I can never find the right lid for, which started all of this), they were just everywhere, and ironically, i bought more plastic tub things to store them in for inside the pantry. So that and snails, we have at least 50 tiny snails in the fish tank now. One stowed away with some aquatic plants apparently and who knew but they multiply like crazy

amien1, Justagirl and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oooh snails will take over your tank. Get a fish that will eat them quick.
    As to our house, pencils. The kind it seems everyone gives away. You sharpen and there hardly any lead. And I am a pen stealer. Horrible, I don't do it on purpose, and even warn the people. I steal pens, please get this back from me. Lol

bellbird likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Evidently I have a thing for note pads and paper notebooks.

And, envelopes... in all sizes.

I am in the process of cleaning out my desk and file cabinets in my office. New flooring is being put in March 2 so I have to have the room emptied out. Apparently I have a "thing" for office supplies because I think I've got a bunch of pens and highlighters in drawers/cabinets as well.

I now have all the envelopes in one area and it appears I should never have to buy any more ever. I am in the process of getting all the note pads in one place and will do the same with pens. I'm guessing that I won't have to buy any of those things for a long time either!

bellbird likes this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Pens, notebooks and journals....eh I'm a poet it comes with the territory.

In other items....hmmm...plastic bags from grocery shopping. UGH

bellbird likes this.
  5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Since we moved this small home 4 years ago I have learnt to not be such a hoarder.
    If you asked my husband want multiplies he would say... shoes ! The rule he set now is that every time I buy a new pair of shoes I have to throw out or give away a pair.

wvsandy and bellbird like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Cheese.
    DH says it's a problem.
    I have so much cheese. Do I buy it? Or does it multiply?
    Oh, and yeah, see my tag line....dust bunnies!

amien1 and bellbird like this.
  7. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Cards are my thing. Birthday cards, thank you cards, thinking of you cards, Pet sympathy cards and just because cards. If I see one I love that makes me laugh or is pretty I buy it. I now have such a huge stash which is handy because there is always just the right card at hand to brighten up someones day or to let them know I’m thinking of them.

bellbird likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I always say there are people who live here that are invisible. Our laundry does not reflect that 2 people live here. :woohoo

bestcee and bellbird like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

LEGO.

I mean, I know I buy it for the kids, but we have sooo many pieces and they multiply, I swear they do. How else do they end up in every room of the house?

10. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I'm a sprinkle freak. I can't believe I have that many, so they must be multiplying because I don't bake that much, and I surely didn't buy all those. Did I?

Justagirl, amien1 and bellbird like this.
  11. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Craft supplies!
    :stash

amien1 and bellbird like this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Stuffed animals & teeny-tiny Lego pieces are swallowing us up whole here.

bellbird likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i swear those Littlest Pet Shops and Beanie Boo plush toys can multiply by themselves! Lucky they are cute and i'm glad DD really missed the Shopkins craze!

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This is the best sort of problem to have!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i LOL'd at Sprinkle Freak! Learning to 'colour my own sugar' for snowy crystals a few cakes back with Olaf was a game changer, i don't need to buy every colour anymore but those hundreds and thousands sure multiply!

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it's so true and it makes me scared to vacuum, should i inadvertently suck up the important-est piece to the batmobile or something (we have a ducted vacuum system, it's a pain to retrieve anything!)

Tree City likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I agree, and yet somehow in an annoying laundry multiplication paradox, socks still seem to vanish, well individual ones :cornfused

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I will now think of you as 'justacardgirl' ;) it's good to be prepared though, in the words of scouts everywhere, (and obviously i dont spend enough time in the card section b/cos i didn't know pet sympathy was a thing, but it makes total sense and of course hallmark etc would see that opportunity!

Justagirl likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

'cheese and dust bunnies' sounds like a bad country song title and i love it! (that said, i admit to having bought all our bunch of different cheeses all in one shop once and wondering what the checkout person must think with my bag of grated mozzarella (for DS), bag of grated tasty/cheddar (for DD), parmesan for pasta, pre-sliced tasty for sandwiches, block of colby for cheese cubes, container of cream cheese (instead of butter)... i do try to alternate what we run out of so i'm not buying them all at once after this one time but most days there is a shelf in the fridge full of just cheese products... we have more moulted feathers than dust bunnies though; cheese and feathers doesn't have quite the same ring to it :(

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think we would benefit from implementing this rule too! shoe storage is a problem for me personally, DH not so much and he never fails to remind me how much i encroach on his shoe space!