Most Kits on 1 Layout

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 18, 2017.

1. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Wow ... I have no words! You lot are AMAZING! So many kits!!!

[​IMG]

2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I can't even imagine digging through my stash for this many kits to use on ONE layout. Maybe one day I'll challenge myself to

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have tried to use items from more than one kit especially different designers but my layouts just do not look good IMO when I do that. I am mainly a 1 kit scrapper although I sometimes will use 2 or 3 different kits from the same designer on a layout. I like having the continuity of the style from 1 designer. The only thing I might use from 2 different designers are a paper but it is even rare that I do that. I can pretty much find any paper I want within any other kit from the designer!

That's another reason why I don't separate my kits when I get them into the various categories (papers, flowers, ribbons etc) that some people do. I keep everything in folders by kit. Each of those folders is in a folder for the designer and their folder is in a folder for the store.

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm not really a mixer since I'm usually doing CT work for a particular kit.

Maybe 2 or 3? Nothing impressive.

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It isn't uncommon for me to mix kits. It is probably more rare for me to use only one in a layout. I can't tell you the number of different kits I've used in one layout, but I think my all-time record for layers was 175 or something close to that. Clean and simple scrapper I am not.

9. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

I think this one used 18 TLP kits plus some elements from other designers too. I got a little carried away ;) I do organize and tag all my supplies in Pixa, so it's pretty easy to mix kits if, say, I am looking for a pink ribbon -- I can just use tags to bring up all the (embarrassingly large number of) pink ribbons I have -- regardless of kit. That being said, I usually lean toward using mostly one or two kits from the same designer, since that way I know that everything will work well together!

10. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

175 layers is amazing!!

mcurtt likes this.
  11. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

My most used was probably the inchie challenge too, but mostly I'm a 1-3 kit scrapper.