Monday Morning Font Finds... and more

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by jenevang, Aug 19, 2013.

1. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I agree with Jen, cool font!! Thanks for posting about it! :)

2. hsmom

hsmom New Member

I love Helvetica but have been found to play with the SciFi and movie fonts

3. martha51891

martha51891 New Member

Fonts are so fun! Love the sticker action to really make them pop. Thanks.

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I love fonts. I have so many my program is starting to crash when I try to load the fonts. I use NexusFont for Windows, but I seriously need to use more discipline. Generally I know the style of font I want for a layout and I choose the font by viewing in nexus first. Then I close that to avoid another type of crash and go directly to that font in PS. Where I need discipline is in using nexus abilities to archive and uninstall.....
    I have no particular favourite font though. Love them all.

6. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Font addict/collector...my go to's~ everything typewriter fonts; arsenal white, impact label reverse and soy milk

7. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

So glad this was posted/showed up again in my feed.... i have two fonts installed on my laptop. On my computer, I have almost all the Pea fonts from Kevin and Amanda, but hubby has been stealing the comp latetly, which means I have to resort to GIMP on my laptop. I've just been too lazy to go out and find new fonts. But since I've been trying to scrap more often, my pages don't have a lot of journaling because I don't like the fonts I have. Haha.

9. khakisack

khakisack Active Member

Great fonts and I love the sticker action! Just one more thing to add to my growing wish list :).

10. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I have been trying to get a work flow with Nexus Font. I just have been dragging my feet in trying it out (installing into PSE).

I bought Manhattan Darling and a boatload of other watercolor fonts for $29 a couple of months ago from Design Cuts and I am loving them. Design Cuts puts together the BEST BUNDLES of paid fonts and the price is always a steal. Just Jaimee has a little bit on their latest design bundle in her newsletter. Some of their stuff if specifically for PS and I can't use a lot of it, so I wait for a bundle that works for me.

I really like The Rose (TLP), The Silver Reed (TLP), The Velvet Vixen (TLP), Veteran Typewriter, Problem Secretary, The Sophia (TLP) to name a few.

I always put my fonts into my credits because when my hard drive crashed (twice) I couldn't remember which fonts I had installed and those credits save my "you know what". I simply can't install all the fonts I have in Nexus Fonts -- PSE couldn't handle it.

11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love hungry JPEG too for freebies and font bundles as well as creative market.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  12. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

oh anyone reconize the font on the wonder new divider/index cards from Allsion... more then 528 cards...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I love all of Heather Joyce's fonts of course.. *L*
    but my all time favorite is the Pea Kari (hehehe) for well.. personal reasons

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Kinda looks like Century Gothic to me... But it looks like she grunged it up a bit too.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  16. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Thanks Jenn

I'm gald this thread has been rejuevenated! So useful, I've downloaded quite a few fonts, can't wait to play!

17. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

The Misprinted type freeware is AWESOME!!!!!!!
    I love that kind of grungy, aged stuff!
    If you click on "Goodies" they have some really cool brushes!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I have a massive font addiction
    I am quite fond of a lot of Heather's fonts. I use a lot of the type writer fonts a lot, but I perfer the handwriting ones more.
    I also use a lot of the Fonts for Peas my favorite of course is Pea Kari :P for well personal awesomeness reasons.. *giggle*
    Also found a lot of free fonts I LOVE at Da Font.. such as Sweetness and Sweet Pea.. amongest other ones that are pretty darn right awesome

19. corrin

corrin Darjeeling with Lizzie

oooh, fonts, fonts, fonts!! I am also someone who sticks with a font for a while, them finds a new fave and uses that instead! Right now I am using Pea Bandit (before that was Pea KungFu Manda, before that Pea Shelia, see the Pea theme!) - I like a slightly child like handwritten font because mostly I am scrapping family memories for my children, so it seems to fit, although I wonder if I will still think that when the children are all grown!? Anyway, I also love typewriter fonts, SBC distressed typewriter is my default one, but I do get frustrated that so many of them don't have a £ (yes, I am English, and seems to need a £ surprisingly often!).

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Corrin - that is so me too! I get on a role with a font and use it and use it over and over again ... & then all of a sudden, it's onto the next. So funny!

San did another fave font post on the PRD Blog ... this time highlighting chalk fonts. there are SO many gorgeous ones in there. i could see them used in other ways, besides just as white on black ...they are HERE if you want to check them out.

I am crushin' on #8. Roskrift .... and #7. Blackboard is pretty sweet too!