Mommyish's Pocket Template Maker

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Sindee

Sindee New Member

I love this template maker, its all I use now. Simplified my process too!

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hmm @Aerobigirl I think after I watched Leah's videos a couple times, it finally clicked with me even though I think she was working in Windows CC and I'm in PSE13/Mac. I haven't used guides before but that's what keeps the size standard. I'm still using the templates I made last year so I haven't used the newer version though I have it.

Loading actions is simple depending on your software. Now this is for PSE, the newer versions. You just go to the Actions setting, open the drop down menu on the top right, and click Load Actions. That will take you to your Finder screen and just navigate to wherever you have the action .atn file. I usually copy that file to my desktop for ease, then delete.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 2.57.06 PM.png

Once you have the folder in your actions list, you're good to go. Click the folder open, go up to the top (under the Actions tab) and press play.

I really suggest that you watch Leah's videos and just be prepared to play around for a while. PM me if you want to take this to email. It's really easy to make these templates...honest!!!

RebeccaH and Aerobigirl like this.
  3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Maureen, for taking the time to explain to me so thoroughly. I've been eyeing this template maker the whole month of MOC. I hope all of my layouts qualify and if they do, I'll buy it!

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

5. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Has anyone tried the 8.5x11 base or template size? I am struggling with it a bit because the page isn't square. Bit maybe I need to play with the %(i.e. reducing page) and the white space to make it work???

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I use it all of the time since I do my trip albums as 8.5x11 books. Are you using the new set of actions or the original ones? The second set has LOTS of different pocket sizes so its much easier to fill the page with that set.

7. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Yes @tkradtke I am using the set with ALL the fabulous pocket sizes. I tried to fill the 8.5 x 11 but kept having over hang - pockets running off the page. What is your work around when creating with this base size?

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

@KellyM I really don't have an issue... but since I'm doing trip albums vs. my PL pages, I'm probably not trying to fill them quite the same way. I'm not sure if this link will work, but this is the super simple album I made for my parents for Christmas...

https://www.mypublisher.com/index/?e=OHm3Q8zJl3Sn2cVywI_VtjPiBGqO16MW&showForm=true

Some of the pages use Lynn-Marie's template builder, but most use the actions. Using traditional pocket page sizes I did always end up with a blank strip to one side or the other. I put labels there part of the time. I think I might use it for journaling or a paper strip if they were PL pages. I've been using the template maker actions for my Disneyland album but I'm not even trying to make them look like actual pocket pages, so they're not a good example. I'm slightly addicted to the actions and use them to lay out my photos on page... perfect sizing and easy to get everything lined up!

9. cookingmylife

@KellyM @tkradtke @mommyish I tried a 8.5x11 in PSE13 and seem to run into the same issue. Since all the pockets are whole #s, how can you get an 8.5? I'm no math genius but something is going past me.

Another question for @mommyish - do you need to use the new core size action if you are using the V2 template maker? I used the old ones that were still in my action list.

10. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

Going to find this piece of magic now . . . :D