MOC5- What did you learn?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bellbird, Jan 29, 2017.

1. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I didn't learn any new techniques (I'm a pretty advanced user of PSP), but I learned there are definitely different styles I don't care much for (I'm looking at you, clean and simple), but still enjoyed making just for the fun in making something different. I was very challenged by the If Those Walls Could Talk challenge by @MrsPeel Journalling isn't a struggle for me, usually, but that challenge took me a bit to find words.

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Funniest thing of all?
    I was so surprised to see that the page you did for my challenge was an actual clean & simple!!!!!! not only did you do the journaling amazing, but also the page, more minimalist and c^s than your usual style... is AWESOME!!!!!!!
    I love making some C&S pages, more like I like something managing to leave white space as I think it looks so elegant and classy but my inner element hoarder succumbs to the gorgeous myriad of elements the designers put in their kits...and it ends up being a mess LOL

3. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

ilearned that i need to get more styles! not something i had used before but i'm a cconvert

4. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I felt kinda bad I went C&S for your challenge. I thought, she's going to wonder who made this page. LOL But, I tried. I thought, let me try this C&S again, just to be sure we're not friends. We're not friends. lol

5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Jenn you are awesome, girl!!! I did have to look twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating....I think I even commented about that in the page? LOL
    you are awesome in any style but I love your cluster queen soul!!!!!!! so keep itr coming!!!!! @catgoddess

catgoddess likes this.
  6. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I work well within the framework of guided challenges with a deadline :)
    The importance of shadows (reinforced)
    The importance of checking things like requirements and where a designer was when a kit came out! (Completed a page with an older kit that was from a different store and had to redo!)
    Practiced resizing templates for 8.5x11
    The importance of knowing your stash and being able to find things quickly
    I learned more about the forum itself - I've been a little intimidated by it in the past but now feel much more comfortable
    How awesome TLP & the TLP Community is!!! (I already knew, but still needs to be said)
    There's probably more but that's my list for now! :)

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I learned I can make a lot of pages in a short amount of time. At one point I was 16 behind...and that I have a super understanding hubby lol.

busywoman139 and KimJ like this.
  9. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I learned that sometimes I really just need to have a challenge and some of that scrapping "to do" list gets done! Of all the challenges, the sketch was my absolute favorite. Even though I kept going back and trying to rework it, I love how it turned out and I'll be doing this technique again on other pages. :)

weaselwatchr and busywoman139 like this.