Memory pockets???

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Scrappy_dog, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Scrappy_dog

Scrappy_dog Active Member

Probably a silly question, but I have been trying to figure out what memory pockets are, how they work and how they are different.
    I have not seen them before, and I'm not sure if I can buy them in Australia. I'm keen to figure it all out... help! Thanks!

2. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm not sure where to start so forgive me if you know all of this already.

Memory Pockets are products designed for pocket scrapbooking. Pocket scrapbooking is a style of scrapbooking started by Becky Higgins who came out with a series of products called Project Life. Her products were clear plastic page protectors that were divided into pockets which you would fill with your photos and her Project Life coordinated kits that had journaling cards and other elements cut to fit the pockets. It was an easier way to scrapbook because of the pre-made pocket pages and coordinated kits -- you just dropped in your photos and the pretty cards and had a page.

PL became such a craze that lots of other pocket-type products were created including digital products. The digital version typically uses page templates that are similar in look to the pocket pages. You layer your photos and elements on the digital template to make your page. Memory Pockets Monthly are a series of monthly kits that are designed with pocket scrappers in mind. They are digital but could also be printed to create "paper" pocket pages. There's a whole section of the gallery devoted to pocket scrapping: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/categories/pocket-scrapping.707/

cfile and sm_amber like this.
  3. Scrappy_dog

Scrappy_dog Active Member

thank you @dawnmarch , that helps a lot! I kept trying to piece together all the info and then Project Mouse, which sounds exciting, confused me more!

4. Cameragal8

Cameragal8 New Member

I am new to Memory Pockets Monthly and have not been able to locate the MPM Forum. Is it a separate forum? How do I find it? The link in my email from Lilypad sends me to a 403 Error. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance.

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

only thing mpm doesn't offer a digital simulated plastic pocket layer

6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

leave laura a message, your store name might be differant then forum

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It is a separate forum section! I'm going to tag my gurus who can check on it to make sure your permission is turned on for you.
    @NancyBeck @lmccandless

Cath_ likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I would love access to the MPM section too pretty please?
    I seem to be able to see the M3 instead.
    @NancyBeck@lmccandless

bestcee likes this.
  9. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

@Scrappy_dog, there are a few places in Australia where you can buy physical pocket pages. Spotlight carries the Project Life range, though it can be pretty hit and miss depending on the store. Big W has something similar to Project Life, with a variety of pocket pages. Kaisercraft also have their on variation (though their cards are a bit ordinary - so many spelling and grammatical errors!). I used to do a lot of hybrid pocket pages with digi products using Project Life sleeve protectors.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Cameragal8

Cameragal8 New Member

Thanks so much. I look forward to entry.

bestcee likes this.
  11. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

You are all set to view that forum now. I am so sorry for the delay! Enjoy!

bestcee likes this.
  12. NancyBeck

Thank you, Courtney!

bestcee likes this.
  13. NancyBeck

You're all set now. Enjoy!

StefanieS and bestcee like this.