MAY Fun Gallery Love Challenge

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by wombat146, May 2, 2017.

1. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Bart is lovin' all the sweet comments.

upload_2017-5-8_14-19-17.png

2. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

54 so far for me this month. All those gallery Love challenges are really helping. And we are only 8 days into the month. Gotta keep it up!

4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Truly gorgeous Ona. Quite a climate change for you I guess.

6. wombat146

Maureen it certainly will be a climate change and our decision was mainly based on that. We are in the sub-tropics up here and the summers are just too long and hot for me! We tend to miss out on Spring, we go from winter to spring for one month (September) and then summer from October to around the end of Feb. March to August are my fave months months here! No doubt it will be colder down south but I would much rather bundle up to keep warm! The summer does get warm down there but it doesn't last long and of course doesn't have the associated humidity (for long periods of time) that we get up here. I can remember trying to get ready to go to a grandson's 18th party last January, showering and then trying to get dressed and do my hair and put makeup on was just so darn uncomfortable! and then getting there and sitting in front of fan most of the night as we were outside and the air was just so still and humid! yuk!!! just terrible! LOL!

7. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Here's where I'm at:

Total Messages: 2313
    Gallery Messages: 668
    Forum Messages: 1,645

I have no clue what goal to do since I've been slacking! So just posting where I'm at & we'll see where I end up at the end of the month!

8. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

My starting number is 376. I haven't been leaving much love lately (haven't been doing much scrapping lately either), but I want to get back into the habit of it.
    My goal is to get to 400, to even it out.

@wombat146 Oh boy, you are definitely in for a big climate change! We were the same, though we lived in the Mid North Coast NSW, we were just so tired of the heat and humidity (and hubby doesn't tolerate heat well on his meds). There were a bunch of other reasons too, but the weather was a big factor in our moving to Tassie. We got here in 2013 and we love it! Sisters Beach is beautiful. I haven't been there yet (even though it is only a little over an hour away) but the pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!
    We had not much more than a month of Summer this year (most of which we spent up in NSW over Christmas and we melted), and then it started to cool down, with a few random hot days in the middle. On Bellamy's birthday in February he was wearing long sleeves and a knitted vest and when we Skyped with mum and dad, they were in shorts and tshirts and looking hot, lol!! By mid April we were wearing warm clothes pretty much every day, and that will continue until, well, I have photos of us in October last year still wearing jackets and beanies! And the cold is so cold! But I'm with you, I'd rather add layers and bundle up to keep warm than try hard to keep cool and nothing work!
    Hope you are having (and keep having) an exciting new journey!!

9. wombat146

@Chippi Well that sounds like my kind of summer these days!! lol!! So where are you located? I am still up here at Grafton and enjoying the autumn weather but also looking forward to getting down there. Reg is going down first to get the house started etc so he will be on his own for a few months....... I will stay with one of my sons up here......... will play it by ear as to Reg's progress down south but will definitely want to be down there before the hot weather starts up again here in October! Hopefully we can catch up with a coffee sometime when I am settled down there!! :)

10. Chippi

@wombat146 You will definitely be more comfortable here in October. We had 40+ degree days when we went up to Mum's at Christmas and we were longing for our lovely 18-20 degree days at home. I got very sick for a couple of days because of the heat, and our little boy (who was born in Tassie) didn't cope well at all, lots of cool baths and running around nudey. Melody was fine, she was almost 5 when we left, so she's used to both climate, but she still wanted it to be cooler.
    It would be so wonderful and weird to catch up with an online scrapping friend!! Haha!! Most of our scrappy friends live overseas, so it would be fun to catch up with someone here!
    I'm in Devonport, the Spirit's home!! So, just over an hour away from Sisters Beach, and we could even meet halfway in Burnie.
    Good luck with all the building and moving!!!

wombat146 likes this.
  11. wombat146

@Chippi I went overseas in 2012 and met up with five scrappy online friends while I was there. One in Prague and four together in London. The London group and I were all store CT at the O so we all had 'known' each other for around 4 years before we met. It really was amazing, just like meeting old friends!!! :) My sister, who doesn't scrap, was apprehensive about meeting someone that I had 'met on the internet' but she ended up having a great time and thought the girls were all so lovely and fun! lol! :giggle

It's funny, but I met a scrappy friend who lives here in Grafton online! lol! Turns out some of our kids went to high school together! We often meet up for lunch and talk 'digi talk' lol! It's really great talking to someone else 'that gets-it'. :) There is also another lady down in Launceston (that runs another digi site) that I would love to catch up with as well! :clappy So it will be fun to catch up with you as well Chippi! :agree

Chippi likes this.
  12. Chippi

@wombat146 That's awesome! Me and hubby are online gamers and we have a bunch of friends that we have met in real life. One travelled from Qld a few times to spend a week or two with us, and another came over from NZ to see us (and some family that lived in Sydney. And then in 2014 we went to the USA to meet (in real life) our friends who had asked hubby to be best man and Melody to be Flower Girl in their wedding!
    It is amazing who you meet online and how close you can become! As long as you are careful! ;)

wombat146 likes this.
  13. wombat146

Sooooooooooooooooo, how is everyone doing?? we still have a few more days left in May!!!! but where the heck did May go to!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief its nearly June and half the year has gone! I am nearing my packing drama just fiddly bits now but then the MAJOR cleaning begins, inside and outside the house as well tidying up the garden!! But I am racing into the gallery right now to leave some love while I can! :run:run:run:run:run:heartlub

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Woot! Made it to 513, so 105 this month. The iNSD challenges sure did help!