May 2017 Book Club - Secret Daughter

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Mar 30, 2017.

1. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Hoping to start this one in the next couple of days.

2. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I just finished this one today. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I picked it up at the library, but I'm glad I read it. I enjoyed the different perspectives and the further insight into the culture of India.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@chastml Mandy - yes, me too....loved learning bits of the culture and the different perspectives. I didn't think I would enjoy this book much and I ended up loving it.

4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. have already suggested it to friends as well.
    I really don't know if i'd have read this one without this little push. But I seriously read it like in 2 days. my husband kept getting mad at me for not shutting the light off both nights. haha.
    hi
    thoughts in white:
    "
    I loved how the book jumped between characters. I really don't usually like that form of writing, but I felt that in this book it was exactly the right way of doing it. and each chapter was a quick read."

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I just got notice of this book being available to me from my library late last week. I didn't even remember requesting a hold. It certainly is a good read. I'm over halfway done already. It helps that it's an ebook; makes it easier to read any time and any place! I don't understand why digital books need to be loaned out one at a time though. Copies can easily be made.

I'll post again when I finish the book.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I finally finished Friday! Well-told, fascinating story. Enjoyed the cultural details, learning more about India. Good amount of suspense. I like how Asha decided to go at the end. And great character exploration and growth.