March 5-Accountability Thread | Get Fit with Me!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 5, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

woo hoo to all you trying...I have this on my screen saver and wanted to share with you!
    [​IMG]
    I am planning on art journaling it this week. I am motivated. We went on a mini vacation to visit my son at the treatment center. I brought snacks, we ate at restaurants that had big salads, and good steaks we could eat! Although, we didn't do the treadmill at the hotel, we did walk the zoo for 3 straight hours (snacking on cranberries and almonds).
    That we were able to walk that long is already encouraging!
    Zero weight gain for an 2 day out of town trip! woot!
    Back on treadmill this morning (hubby is able to now, had a respiratory infection last week), and I did 2 miles in 35:35. I am running a bit, pushing to get up to 5 minutes at 4 MPH running! woot!
    I am motivated! HOW about you, how ya doing?

zippyoh, Karen and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I need to kick up my eating and exercise but I'm still even after 9 or 10 weeks still figuring out how much energy I have with my twice weekly (most of the time) iron injections. My energy has got better in the last 4-6 weeks but not enough of an improvement to get really serious about exercise so for now my walking around shopping and doing errands is about my limit

3. AnneofAlamo

go girl go, that is good too!

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am trying to improve on my exercising and watching what I eat.
    Yesterday afternoon for the first time I joined a walking group that has started in our town. We walked for nearly an hour - not fast walking but at least it was walking.
    Today I attend the exercise class I started attending sometime last year. It is an hour of semi gentle exercises - a lot of walking around inside a hall for half hour and then sitting working with hand weights and stretchy bands.

Karen likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

@A-M
    I am so excited for you! I love to be part of group to walk!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm with you Anne! I'll do the accountability challenge. I'm getting ready to go outside and walk. I'm up to 1 mile walking briskly (NOT counting warm up and cool down). I'm also doing planks (1 minute two or three times a day). I'm in.

Karen likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

I bow at your planked toes! eek, planks and lunges are pure torment to me

8. Cherylndesigns

They're killers, Anne. I can't do side planks very well, but I have mastered the regular ones. I absolutely didn't think I could hoist my whole body up the first few times. LOL I hate lunges, too.

I did walk for one mile today! That didn't count my warm up or my cool down. WooHoo

9. AnneofAlamo

@Cherylndesigns when I was in shape, I was addicted to body pump. I was amazed how it reshaped my legs. I hope to go back in the fall. It is intense heavy reps, low weights. The pain at the beginning, soreness after, is what scares me. Lol

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's been a crazy week here for me, extra working hours (that messed up my work outs) and then my work out buddy couldn't rearrange her days because of a teacher's conference... i REALLY didn't want to work out yesterday by myself (or at all) but I did it. Thank God for my audiobooks to keep me company.

My hubby and I are going to Chicago for the weekend just the two of us and I'm super excited, but I know it's going to be challenging to eat well when we are eating out for the whole weekend. Thankfully we will be walking everywhere we go, so that should help counterbalance things a bit! Wish me luck!

11. Cherylndesigns

I'll have to look that up. I need my legs reshaped. I need my body reshaped. I'm working on it. :rollin:rollin

12. AnneofAlamo

my hips look fine standing, and when I would sit, it was like spread out.
    if I wore a knee length dress, I would sit and it would pull up to way above my knee.
    I am very modest in my dress, and hated this.
    the lunges and squats are killer, but they worked miracles on my hips and legs.
    I also loved how my upper body became stronger. The class is very intense, many instructors push you to go heavier weights, but I rebelled. lol

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

That's wonderful @AnneofAlamo , @Cherylndesigns and @Karen - keep up the good work!

I haven't done well this week. I think I got the flu from my hubby. He was sick the week before. I've felt awful, but I've been drinking lots of water to stay hydrated and get rid of this bug, so that's good. Yesterday was the first day, I felt like eating much of anything, so I ate whatever sounded good. I'm hoping I'll feel good enough next week to get back to water aerobics. If the weather cooperates, I'll go for a walk too and get some sun. The sun always helps me feel better.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

I love my books to listen too, helps the time go so much better.
    this is so important!! Keeping that water intake up! Hope you feel better, and get some good weather to chase away the end of the yuck!

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

@keepscrappin - take card of yourself. Eat just like you are - whatever sounds and tastes good. Sorry you got the flu bug. It's still an epidemic around here. My hubby got it and we had to take him to the hospital. He also had pneumonia so he was there almost a week. It's really bad this year. Take care of yourself and don't expect too much of yourself for awhile. You'll get back to your normal routine in good time. HUGS

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Accountability time - I walked almost a mile and a half today (Sunday). It rained all day yesterday so I didn't get out. I tried to make up for missing yesterday by walking a little big further today.

17. AnneofAlamo

oh I feel like MOooow lasses today.
    [​IMG]
    Rainy and cold. I pushed to get 40 minutes on treadmill. Just barely got 1.8 miles in during that time. But, I'm gonna take it that I did it, and didn't quit at 20 minutes like I wanted to.
    We take Sunday off from the treadmill. Yesterday, we got a reward for 2 weeks diet/exercise. We split a small fry between the two of us! Crazy good!
    Tomorrow, will be a more energetic day. I will blame the time change. lol

Karen and keepscrappin like this.