Make It Snappy (MIS) | April 1st @ 7 pm ET | Scrapping with Liz

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Mar 30, 2017.

1. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Template MIS with a Twist

(to participate in the TWIST just comment in this thread before the MIS starts and then complete the MIS, easy peasy!)
    :circles

Instructions

Because the template is your choice, the only way I will know if you participated is if you link your layout in this thread or within the SwL Group Facebook Album. To qualify, post your layout to the gallery or hosting site of your choice* and then paste the image and link here by 8:20 pm ET tonight to qualify for the drawing and by 7:05 pm ET tomorrow (02 APR 2017) to qualify for the free template. You can make your layout yours; add items and design as you like, as long as, you follow the instructions below. Don't forget to shadow and date.

Fasteners!

1. Have at least one button or brad (buttons at the center of flowers don't count).
    2. Have at least one piece of tape.
    3. Have at least one ribbon tied as a bow or knot.
    4. Have at least one tied string or row of stitches.
    5. Have at least one sticker or staple.

The Twist

For those that commented in the challenge thread before the start of the challenge, you can delete one instruction above as long as you comment on five of your fellow MIS participants layouts for the challenge (comments are to be posted by the close of the challenge tomorrow).

*Posting Notice: To upload your layout into the TLP gallery it must follow TLP gallery posting requirements.

What is Liz's MIS: Liz's Template Make It Snappy (MIS) is a twist on the favorite speed scrap challenge. You can use any Liz template that you own and we make it even easier, because you pick the template after seeing ALL the instructions. Everyone that completes a qualifying layout and posts in this thread within 24 hours of the start of the challenge will receive a new, never released template for free. Complete you layout within the 75 minute time limit and you may win a $10 coupon to Liz's store!!!

Don't own a Liz template yet? Well its easy, you can pick up some Liz templates for free!! Look for freebies in Liz's Facebook Group [link] or Liz's Blog [link].

The MIS will be hosted in this thread.

Participation Prize
    [​IMG]
    Sample Layout using Going Places by One Little Bird (Collab)
    [​IMG]

New to the challenge, here are some additional details: The Twist can be many things: extra time, ability to delete/change an instruction, etc. I will post the instructions at the top of the thread and at the end of thread at the start of the MIS. For the first part, you will have until 8:15 pm ET to complete the layout using the five (5) instructions plus the Twist (to get the Twist just comment in this thread before the start of the challenge; unless specified the comment can be anything - "Hi!" works). All those that complete the layout per instructions and post by 8:15 ET (75 minutes later) will qualify; one layout from the qualifying layouts will win $10 to Liz's store. For the second part, same instructions but you will have 24 hrs to complete the layout and post in this thread. For all participants that complete a qualifying layout in the first or second half, will receive the free template. If you are new to posting layouts at TLP, please give your self extra time to do so. If you have trouble posting in the TLP Gallery or your layout doesn't meet Gallery criteria, you can post your layout in the Scrapping with Liz Facebook Group by the deadline to qualify.

The Nitty Gritty
    1. Have fun and play nice!
    2. Use only a Scrapping with Liz template(s) (active, freebie or retired are all okay).
    3. The layout you use must be new for this challenge and cannot be used for another store or designer challenge.
    4. If you post your layout in the TLP gallery please follow all gallery requirements.
    5. Link an image of your layout before the end of the challenge in this TLP Challenge Thread; please include your credits.
    6. Qualification of layouts and eligibility of participation solely determined by Scrapping with Liz.
    7. Questions? Just post your question in this thread; please tag my username (tpbuffy) to get my attention. I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Yeah! New month = new challenge. I'm iffy for the live MIS, but 24 hours is definitely do-able!

elk2009 likes this.
  3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

4. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

New to this challenge but i'll give it a go. Haven't done the time conversion yet so not sure if I'll be a quick finisher but 24hrs should be ok.

bellbird likes this.
  5. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

hubby gone alllll daaaayyyy so hoping to be here :)

6. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes, I am in for the 24 hour version.

8. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

April 1 already. Oh my! I'll try my best to be here.

9. heatherhiggs

heatherhiggs Active Member

10. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I'll be out of town so don't think I can make it.

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Not sure if I can TWIST but I'll try.

14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Weekends are always hit or miss for me, but I'm going to try to be there!!

15. Spudgeon

Spudgeon Member

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I hope to be scrapping with you all!

17. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I think I'll finally be able to make one again, as hockey season is officially over! Can't wait to get my scrap on.

18. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

19. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

wonder if it's a 'tricky' theme LOL!

bellbird likes this.
  20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug