Looking back | Pad Patter 2.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 18, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My son and his family came over for dinner last night and I had a slideshow of my Amazon photos playing on the tv when they got here. Most of the ones I have uploaded to this point are from when Aaron was age birth to about 14. His girlfriend thought it was hilarious, but he just kept saying "What was I wearing?" and "What were you wearing?" and "OMG, look at our hair!" He was born in 1991, so big hair was still around and as a little boy he had quite the mullet :giggle. I won't even mention the blue carpet I had in the house LOL.

That got me thinking...
    Is there something that is really popular now, but years from now everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?

2. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I hope its the pants halfway down your bottom showing your underwear!!! My grandson use to come to my house and I told him he couldn't come in until he pulled his pants up. Really though, how do they keep their pants from falling down????? This photo isn't really too bad. Some photos showed the pants so low they were touching the bottom of his underwear!!!!!
    ---and what's with the two pair of jeans he is wearing??????

[​IMG]

djp332, jenn mccabe, Chippi and 5 others like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

YES, YES, YES!! Working in a high school, and I can say that I am so over seeing boys' underwear and telling them to pull their pants up! But I also have to say that it has gotten better the last year or two. It would be fun to see their reaction 15 or 20 years from now.

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

@NancyP I cannot stand that look and it's been around for as long as I can remember! Just why?!!?

Fanny packs are making their way back, so they'll be on the list or embarrassment/regret again I'm sure! Other than that, I can't really think of anything, other than maybe some of the extremely weird nail trends?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Yes, I had fanny packs back in the day...then it was embarrassing to have one...now it's ok again LOL

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. bbymks5

LOL!! I had one the first go round...I will not be falling into that trap again :lmao

I do wish that stirrup pants would come back though...would be so much easier to tuck your pants into tall boots!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

What about man buns? Are they going the way of the mullet?

Haha I loved stirrup pants! I saw a post on Instagram or somewhere just the other day showing stirrup leggings in a store now, so maybe they're making a comeback!

cfile, jesskab and bbymks5 like this.
  8. bbymks5

Ohhhh yeah...not a fan of man buns LOL!! Or man onesies!!

9. bbymks5

10. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

This immediately came to my mind as well. Sometimes I also wonder how the pants stay up there and how they don't just slide down.

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

How about face piercing? And goth makeup?

12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Me too! I still have a pair of black ones that I break out every now and then. They rocked!

bbymks5 likes this.
  13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I’m a child of the 80’s. Clearly I still love big hair...LOL, but I want shoulder pads and giant earrings to come back. We had great earrings in the 80’s, and shoulder pads do wonders for making the hips look slimmer. :agree I’m still a fan of a great Swatch watch too!

bbymks5 and cfile like this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm with all of you on the above. Although I think man buns are kind of cute on certain men. Depends on how cute they the men) are. LOL The pants hanging half off make me think of my mom. She used to say "I'd just like to go up to them and pull them all the way down!" :gotcha

Karen likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

Yes!! And I was also thinking about the gauges that kids are putting in their ears!

16. IntenseMagic

I always loved shoulder pads!! And I agree...we had great earrings!

Karen and londoncuppa like this.
  17. IntenseMagic

I do like the man bun on certain men. But back in the day I thought mullets were kind of cool, too, so I just wonder if it will be one of those things that down the road we won't think was such a great idea lol

18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My quest for a 4yr degree has taken 20 years, seriously. I was looking around school the other day & thinking about all the fashion changes I've seen over two decades. It's San Francisco, so we're a little strange anyway. It's currently this hipster thing with a beard, lumberjack looking plaid shirt, & exquisitely groomed hair. Not that long ago it was all about spiky anime hair on guys. It was so cute when the Kesha look was in & girls wore torn tights under shorts & glittery makeup. I was too old to rock that look by then, but I did like it.

Back to man buns, those & the full beards are just too much for me. I can't imagine these guys won't look back wondering "What was I thinking?"

I really wish I had a picture of me wearing this outfit in my teens, it was bell bottom jeans, a pale pink baby tee, & glittery platform jelly heels. Aah youth....

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Mullets WERE cute on some guys. It probably will be pooh poohed eventually. I hear you on playing the photos on Amazon TV. My grandkids make so many stupid comments that I don't even like to show them when they're here. All I hear are grunts and groans.

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

They don't? :-) It was a strange night... but a couple of weeks ago we were in Indianapolis for my daughter's dance competition. The competition ended about 11:30pm and she was hungry so we decided to go to Taco Bell since it wasn't too far. Well... there was an arrest being made right by the Taco Bell drive through... as the police officers were walking the handcuffed guy to the car, we thought he was limping. Oh, not so... his low hanging pants had fallen all of the way down to his ankles and being handcuffed, he couldn't pull them back up!! The officers tried pulling them up once, but they dropped again, so they stopped trying.

Fanny packs are a MUST have for Lollapalooza (or so I was told). We had to go fanny pack shopping last summer so my daughter could find the perfect one. She ended up using for Disneyland as well. She won't use it otherwise though.

I can handle most piercings, but gauges freak me out for some reason.