Laptop/Chromebook for digi scrapping??

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KayTeaPea, Apr 14, 2018.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I got a gamer laptop. It runs beautifully. It's an HP Omen, and it has.... Intel Core i7-7700HQ/NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated), 17.3" diagonal screen, 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD, 32GB RAM, Windows 10. I got it a year ago.

It is beyond fast, lots of space, works great, and I do like it. Nothing at all wrong with it. My issue is that I was and still love Mac. Mac doesn't make the 17" laptops anymore, and I really like that size. I can't imagine scrapping on a smaller laptop. If Mac came back out with a 17" laptop, I'd but it tomorrow. But, Windows wise... I like my purchase! :)

2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have a 27" iMac that I LOVE!!! The only thing I don't like is that it's in my bedroom and I like being able to scrap while hanging out with the family so I bought a Microsoft surface pro and it has been fun to use. I like how portable it is. I don't enjoy going to the smaller screen but the trade off is portability so I'm ok with it. My surface pro runs PS CC and Lightroom beautifully.

3. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I just bought this Asus laptop a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it for the price ($600 was my budget). It's snappy, the RAM is expandable to 16GB and it came with a 128GB SSD as well as a 1TB internal so plenty of space. This particular i5 processor is better than some less powerful i7's. I have PS CC and LR installed and everything is running great. Good luck with your decision!!!