Kit Buyers Anonymous

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bbymks5, Oct 2, 2017.

1. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Halloween kits are my ultimate weakness, and if a kit even has just one vintage item I love, ill but the kit!

bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  2. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Anything with a camera in it or a travel kit will be purchased no matter what. I have even bought Christmas kits with snowmen and ice when here Christmas day is often terribly hot and humid. I've never even eaten a hot Christmas meal.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

The traditional fall colors are my favorite colors, sooooo it is very hard for me to resist a fall kit. Now I need to get out there and take some pictures!

And I may or may not :giggle have bought kits and then took pictures so I could use the new kit...

jenn mccabe, bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I've noticed sports kits aren't released as often either! Wonder why that is?

Birthday kits can be so much fun!! Balloons and bows and streamers...yes please! How many albums do you need to finish?

YAS!!!! I've so bought a kit for ONE thing LOL! I LURVE your siggy!! That. Devil.

Where are you located?? We don't have the humidity, but we have the heat! I'm such a sucker for cameras too!

ROFL!! I've so done this too!! Buy kit first, worry about photos later LOL!!! Fall colors are AWESOME though!!

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ironically, i've steered away from totally themey b'day pages as the kids got older, or maybe as i got older and bored with making the same feeling b'day pages with balloons everywhere... but i still add those kits to my stash!
    About 3 or 4 travel albums since i went digi like 11.5 years ago... and i havent finished a single one yet!

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I collect all the fall & Christmas kits and feel perfectly justified doing so since October & December are my two most photographed months. :)

I also collect Fourth of July kits, though, and I have no justification for that as we really don't do much for it. I guess I'm more patriotic than I think I am!

bbymks5 likes this.
  7. bbymks5

I'll probably be the same way as the girls get older! Your albums sound like my craft projects LOL!! I have so. many. unfinished projects it's not even funny LOL!!

October and December are the absolute best months to photograph!! There's just so much fun going on and the uniqueness of those two months is the best!

We're not not big on 4th of July celebrations either...it was 111 this year on the 4th so it's just too dang hot to be outside....but I love the kits too, especially if they're vintage or have woodgrain!! I. Die.

8. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'm terrible with Project Mouse. I /need/ to have them. I think there much be 3 that I don't own because I have no reason to have them (the cruise, pirates and cars). Other than that, it's an addiction. But since 95% of my scrapping is Disney related (need to get away from that) I really only use that.

However, fall colors are a huge weakness of mine and I keep adding kits to my favorites. Oops.

9. bbymks5

The Project Mouse kits are so cute, but since we haven't been to Disney I'm safe there LOL!! Disney photos always look like so much fun to scrap!!

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Or you know, take your kid to that place with the xyz so you could use a kit.... Or encourage them to throw leaves for instance...:whistle

bbymks5 and Juliestcyr like this.
  11. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Yup on the Fallowe'en obsession. I'm an October baby.

My other things is outdoorsy kits. I love canoeing (hard to bring a camera, though), hiking and camping. Plus, now that my girls are going camping more without me (as part of Girl Guides and Pathfinders), I have all their photos to scrap too.

I track usage of my products through tagging, and that helps me see what I use and don't use. I'm trying to focus more on buying non-kits that up my scrap-game. Like textured overlays, styles, paint mess, etc...
    But still, I want everything Fall and Hallowe'en!

bbymks5 likes this.
  12. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Because I live in Asia, don’t celebrate Christmas, no fall, no spring , no winter, no Halloween , no Disneyland, no kids, no dogs/cats/pets... it’s really one hell of challenge for me...

bbymks5 and mcurtt like this.
  13. bbymks5

Exactly LOL!! Love that I'm not alone in doing this!!

Canoeing, how fun is that!!! Maybe you should get a GoPro....yeah?!!?

How do you track using tags? Do you use a program?

Oh WOW!! But you make such beautiful pages with your art girls!!!

14. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Lol- Me too! Except I love ALL THE THINGS!!! :grouphug

bbymks5 likes this.
  16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

all of us who mentioned we can't resist cute camera in kits ... did you see this from this month's BYOC? :D

[​IMG]

17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart says, BUY EM ALL! hehe

[​IMG]

bbymks5 and QuiltyMom like this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh, @michelepixels ....
    Did you see?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That paper! And the stitches in the music format!!

michelepixels and bbymks5 like this.
  20. bbymks5

Poor thing!! I've heard ingrown nails hurt super bad!! You know, b/c we can't run around barefoot and all! I'm thinking I need to get Ouch!

Me too!! Best. Season. EVA!!
    I just about died when I saw this!! DEAD!

amien1 likes this.