Kids Valentine's Cards

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 10, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is smart!

2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

@bestcee Courtney!!! Those cards are amazing! I just bought for Nolan...as I was afraid how non store ones would be taken...I was scared! Even though I would love it if Nolan got hand made ones.

bestcee likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We've made homemade almost every year, but this year they boycotted. And the store ones were like $1.75. I can't print for that cheap! ;)

4. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

my two are older so we aren't doing valentine's day cards. maybe next year when the youngest is in kindergarten. but a middle and high schooler are too cool for things like this! :D

I can't wait to see your end result!

bestcee likes this.
  5. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

How weird would it be to make your valentine mostly digital - in 4x6 (or 2x3 and print 2 on each) size. Then let walmart print them as a photo? (Last time I did that I think it was 25 cents each for 1 hour pickup. (or 12.5 if cut apart))
    Maybe use a photo of the school or somethign else kiddo thinks says 'our school'?
    Write with soft marker on the back (or on blank address labels/sticker they paint, etc)?
    Gotta remember this next year for the grands.

bestcee likes this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

What a cool idea!! Every child loves glow sticks too!! I thought about making some for my daughters class, but that quickly faded away LOL! We got her a couple of boxed with the cards and a snack size Air Head candy.

7. bestcee

Not weird at all @Mylinn ! That's basically how we did my son's birth announcement! Only we printed at Costco. But same deal.

8. bestcee

You could do like this @Mylinn
    [​IMG]

9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

That's Perfect!!! OMG, lol - they both have birthdays coming up (2 grandgirls under 6th grade). This would be wonderful to let them make for class treats. Wheee!!

bestcee likes this.
  10. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I typically make Valentine's cards but this year, my daughter just wanted cat valentines from Wal-mart. I was ok with it because our lives have gotten so busy this past month. My son is in 7th grade, long past valentine's cards. :)

bestcee likes this.
  11. AmandaDawnRN

AmandaDawnRN Active Member

We had intentions of my 12 year old making shots cups of slime and me scrapping a top but life got in the way. End results is they picked from what they had at our local Publix.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

We got two of those for Halloween. Little cups of glue, and borax in a bag, and glitter. And they are still sitting on my counter waiting to be put together! It's a super cute idea!

13. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Since we homeschool and don’t do any co-ops, my daughter had never done a Valentine exchange. We were in the store walking past all those boxes of cardboard Valentines when she pointed this out. So, I let her pick out a box. She chose tsum tsums. Then we mailed them off to everyone we know and she was THRILLED. Maybe next year we’ll make our own.

bestcee likes this.
  14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Clara and I used to love brainstorming Valentine ideas each year.... we always did a photo one with digi scrap stuff added. The last one was 8th grade... sigh. I sort of miss it, but I'm also kind of glad that we don't have to mess with it anymore.

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

These were for our homeschool group! We don't have a co-op, but we have a group that does field trips, and different parties. A come as you are, when you can, when you want kinda deal. I love it!