Kids Valentine's Cards

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 10, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, anyone else decide to make their own Valentine's cards using digi supplies?
    I feel very hybrid-y doing this!

I'm using this kit and I'll be back with the final result!
    [​IMG]

norton94, bbymks5, Mylinn and 8 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ooh - i'm intrigued! can't wait to see the end result. we are well past the valentine's stage but i will live vicariously through you. i miss it! :)

BTW I have the last valentine stuff my daughter gave me on my shelf in my office. I just knew at the time it would be the last - and I told her I'm keeping it forever!

jesskab, cfile and bestcee like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:byay I'm doing a happy dance over not having to do Valentines anymore LOL!! It was fun while it lasted, but after 20+ years I'm happy to buy a box of chocolates for my kids, pick up a bag of candy to hand out to my high schoolers, and call it a day. Truth be told, it was never something I enjoyed doing.

Can't wait to see what you create, Courtney. I love that kit and such a super idea for Valentines.

cfile likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think I did that once, many years ago. :)

5. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

My very first photo posted to FB (in 2009) was of my son holding his handcrafted valentines! We did little origami heart bookmarks for my daughter this year - they are super easy and fun! https://diycandy.com/origami-bookmark-page-corner-heart/
    I always think I'm going to do something hybrid but, I never have my *shiza* together enough! LOL Looking forward to seeing what you create, @bestcee!

norton94 and bestcee like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I can't wait to see what you do with that awesome kit!!

7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

No, I found a few different things at Target. They have toy dinosaurs, toy animals, & dog or cat erasers. I do use the digi supplies for classroom birthday treats.

bestcee likes this.
  8. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Yay @bestcee print Print PRINT all the things!!!

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

Ok, I'll have better photos tomorrow! We got sidetracked with the library book sale.
    The light saber is a glowstick.
    2018-02-10-21.21.jpg

10. bestcee

Munchkin wants people to be able to color them if they want. I was thrilled the sketchy pieces were in the kit just like that!

Mylinn, busywoman139 and Juliestcyr like this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Not this year. My oldest was the one who appreciated it the most. He was very picky about the message on his cards--no lovey stuff allowed--so he always asked me to make them. We'd do things like an army themed card that said, "Tanks for being my friend." He's a middle schooler now, so no cards. My younger 2 have wanted the store bought cards the last few years. Given how last minute their teachers have been about Valentines (we STILL don't have the class lists to send Valentines for either class), I suppose it's faster to buy than make. It's my middle son's last year of elementary school, so this is his last year. I suspect my daughter may go back to having me scrap them next year. She's frustrated with the ones at the store being too childish for her very sophisticated 3rd grade class. :giggle I was lazy and bought for my class this year, but next year I need to get my act together earlier and scrap them. I will scrap their treat toppers for the end of the year goodie bag I give out.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

I could see that! I could only find the really lovey dovey ones, and my son was not having that! It was pretty easy to make this one.

13. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

This makes me so jealous! I miss Valentines. Ruth (Grade 5) just made cards for her closest friends. Naomi (Grade 7) isn't even doing that. They had a dance for the Grade 7-8s on Friday. The big thing to do was for all the girls to wait for "Single Ladies" to come on, and then hit the dance floor in groups of three and do the dance. Before it came on, they were all huddled around each others' phones, watching the video to try to learn the steps.

norton94 and bestcee like this.
  14. bestcee

That's so awesome! I love it!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

They are so cute Courtney! I love his idea to have it a coloring page too! You two make a great creative pair/team!

bestcee likes this.
  16. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I still need to get my act together for this year's cards, but I've definitely used my digi supplies in the past to create the classroom cards. And since DS is always resistant to signing all those cards, I get him to sign once on white paper, scan and extract it onto the cards before I print them! I've only remembered this a couple years but it saves so much time for both of us. I guess that means I better get to work for this year's set soon!

bestcee likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

What a fabulous idea to have him sign and scan!! I wish I had thought of that years ago!!

bestcee and Sunberry2 like this.
  18. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I use to make Valentine’s for and with the grandkids each year. I wish I had taken photos now. Love the the saber, I may have to lift that fun idea. @bestcee

bestcee likes this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this is so funny, I am doing Valentines with my 5 year old sunday school class..and the AJ er in me, I printed a bunch of eyeballs, eyes and the word LOVE...we are cutting and gluing onto big heart doilies for their sweetheart mommas! lol
    I have a box full of Valentine stickers to add to them..

eye love you! bhwhwhha

Mylinn, busywoman139 and bestcee like this.
  20. IntenseMagic

Those are so cute @bestcee! Such a cool idea to make them color sheets!

bestcee likes this.