Keto diet

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by JillW, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I LOVE coconut oil in my coffee, it is my first line of caloric intake with my Stevia to start my day...after my synthroid...then my warm lemon water. I find it hard to eat breakfast for about an hour after that. I am still struggling to eat when I should and make it count.

mcurtt likes this.
  2. busywoman139

busywoman139 Active Member

Oh.Em.Gee.....I think I am in heaven..keto & scrappy peeps in the same place!! I've been Keto since Aug 2016 and it is amazing! Keto is the most sustainable way of eating I have ever tried. My goal was to be healthy, do everything I can to prevent T2D and Alzheimers, and lose weight. (Down about 25 lbs from Aug-Nov, maintained through the holidays, & now losing again!) I am a huge fan of the site & podcast 2 Keto Dudes (www.2ketodudes.com) and the forum they host at https://www.ketogenicforums.com. The forum is fairly new (they had a FB group that went from 0 to 10K members in 1 year and it wasn't a good format for that many people) but it's awesome as the Dudes are software developers and did an excellent job of designing how the forum works. I'm just finishing the book The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung, which I highly recommend. I also do a version of Bulletproof coffee like Marilyn mentioned, and I like to incorporate intermittent fasting.

Danyale, mcurtt and carilyne like this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

Update for me......even though I went gluten-free, I have still been struggling this past month so I am ready to try the keto plan. I have eaten LC before but it was more Atkins style and keto is more fat and less protein. I tried my first bulletproof coffee this morning and am just floored. I would never have thought butter and coconut oil with a bit of stevia could be so good (I've never been able to enjoy coffee without milk/cream before). Plus, I've not felt hungry at all. This is a good morning drink for me b/c I'm not much of a breakfast eater so this is a good way to start my day.

@mcurtt I started reading her book last night Keto Cleanse. It's very informative and really well explains the basis of keto eating.

busywoman139 and mcurtt like this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@bcgal00 Yep, I am a Bullet-Proof fan. But since I am not a fan of coffee, I made it work for my tea. I just love how rich and yummy it is. Glad you found Maria. :-)

5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Active Member

Fat Chance is a very good book about reducing sugar and increasing fiber and healthy fats for better health.