Kate Hadfield's Jan 2018 Blog Challenge and 2 chances to win a $15 Gift Card

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, Jan 1, 2018.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Can you believe it is January 2018 already? December was so busy that the month actually flew by! Now we are getting ready for the new year and what it has in store for us, including the MOC right here at the Lily Pad!!

Before we go any further we want to congratulate the winner for December 2017, that was chosen by Rafllecopter. Rafflecopter picked Ferdy’s colourful Christmas page “Us” as the winner!

[​IMG]

@Ferdy
    [Ferdy-please message Kate via PM for details of how to claim your prize].
    Many thanks to everyone who played along with the December challenge!

Now on to the January Challenge!

This month we have not one, but TWO fun templates for you to scrap with! You’re welcome to scrap with both templates and enter the giveaway twice, just make sure to create a separate entry for each layout so Rafflecopter counts both entries!

Both templates have a ‘new yearsy’ feel to them: Kirstie created a fun countdown themed template (that big circle is crying out to be replaced with a clock element for a New Year’s Eve layout!) while I created a year in review template to help you look back on the highlights of 2017! The 2017 date is a separate layer so if you want to create similar pages for other years, or to use the layout to showcase a series of photos it’s really easy to amend and customise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are the pages I made with each of the templates: (See each page for list of credits)

Kirstie's Template:

[​IMG]

My Year in Review template:

[​IMG]

In addition to the January challenge templates on her blog, there are also the celebration overlays and monthly brads that Kate is giving away as freebies. I made them with her doodles, that I also used on my pages. We hope you enjoy them!

Head on over to Kate's blog to pick up the free templates (please scroll down on Kate's blog for download links) and to see more inspiration pages from the rest of Kate's Creative Team . Enjoy & have fun with the templates! You could win a $15 gift card to Kate's store!

THE CHALLENGE:
    1. Download the template from Kate's Blog. (Please scroll down until you see the "Download Template Here: PSD PNG Tiff" ) You can use them as is, flip them, resize them, anything you want, to make them your own!
    2. Create a digital layout, hybrid layout, or even a card or other project. It can be any theme that you wish. The only requirement is that your page should include at least 50% Kate’s products.

*Please note: This has to be a new layout for the challenge*

If you are looking for some inspiration on how to use Kate's doodles, check out the huge Kate Hadfield Creative Team Pinterest board! You'll find 300+ layouts with all kinds of doodles & themes!

Or, go to Kate's blog to see all the layouts from her Creative Team using this template!

TO ENTER:
    1. Post your page in the Kate Hadfield gallery here at the Lilypad.
    2. Leave a comment in the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the January challenge post on Kate's blog, linking back to your page by midnight EST on January 31st! Remember if you are entering twice one with each template, you must leave seperate comments for each one.

The winner will be announced along with the next blog challenge on February 1st!

Just a reminder, Kate's Wrap Up Warm is her featured kit for January. It will be on sale all month at 30% off until January 31st!

[​IMG]

We hope you will join in with the challenge. We can't wait to see your wonderful pages! Good luck everyone, and we wish you all the best in 2018!!​

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    jenn mccabe, Ferdy and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Fun templates!

I am really bad at reviews, so I got creative with the template. I hope you like it!
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and cfile like this.
  3. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Thanks for the fun template!

[​IMG]

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

cfile likes this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here is mine with the Countdown template
    [​IMG]

6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine, I loved the template, thank you
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  7. cfile

great page @Vivi! Thanks for your page!

8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I had no idea what to do with this one, and thought I wouldn't be able to, but thanks to the "Beth's Belief" gift, I did one without even a photo! The kit even has a ribbon for my kind of cancer! It says it all for me. Thanks for the template and challenge!
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and cfile like this.
  9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

and here is my second one: (love this template!)
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  10. cfile

Love everyone's ages so far!! Hope to see more! 2 great templates and also some freebies on Kate's blog.. don't miss out! Good luck everyone!

11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for all the freebies! Here's mine using the countdown template:
    [​IMG]

12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

January Challenge
    [​IMG]

13. cfile

bumping up... 1 more day .. challenge ends tomorrow.. do both templates and have 2 opportunities to win!!