Just a happy thread!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

We got up early today and spent the morning at Church. Such a sweet, sweet spirit there. Came home and spent the rest of the day quietly. Reading, eating good food, watching a little TV and napping. All my flowers along the walkway leading to our front door are in bloom or are greening up beautifully. Even the little bush I love that we thought we were losing. My geranium has grown to fill the big pot we put it in and has lots of red flowers on it. The purple petunias are flowing down the sides of their pot and the blue flowers mixed in with them are shooting up fresh and pretty. My aloe vera bushes are getting new blossom shoots that will eventually be three to five feet tall, and our little tea rose has two branches that have just shot up almost overnight. Each one has five new buds waiting to open up. There is a sweet mockingbird that sings in the tree just down the walkway from us each morning. Such a wonderful, happy sound to wake up to. And my carpenter bees that like to live in the old tree stumps by our front door are back. Life is good! We have so much to be grateful for.

bbymks5, BevG, busywoman139 and 3 others like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We had a fabulous downpour on Friday, so the garden is feeling and looking slightly happier. Church was also great, met the pastor's visiting family. My sons were out so the three of us parked off at home and relished the peace and quiet. Hubby calls it uneventful, but i just LOVE it.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

hmm really struggling for anything happy but I am going out to lunch this Friday with my mum and grandma to celebrate my mum's 60th birthday.

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

My BFF came back from her 30 th anniversary trip and started to send me her pics via drop box so I can start making a book for her ! The photos are gorgeous!

5. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I washed my hair today! And oh-em-gee it feels lovely!
    It was all grumpy, sick kids and tired parents in my house today, so that wonderful warm shower was extremely refreshing! And I honestly can't remember when I last washed my hair, those super quick washes are about all I am allowed these days..

I have Happy Hair!!

6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

On Thursdays we have staff meeting and we always start of with smilies: who's neutral, who's sad and who's happy? After a bit of explaining if one wants to, we continue on to some minutes of sharing success. It's such a nice thing to share and/or hear about others. It just gets me into a positive mindset most of the time.

My happy thought right now?
    We celebrated my fathers 65 birthday yesterday and it was fun but also tiresome. It was a long.day you know? Today however, I have the day off and I've just spent my morning sleeping in and reading.
    Also such great new videos from my favourite youtubers. :)

bbymks5, busywoman139 and Juliestcyr like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Back to work this morning, but I'm happily replaying the fun we had this weekend. Both my hubby and youngest had their birthday on Friday which we celebrated on Sunday. :) AND I made a shopping date with my mom for tomorrow after school to buy some new shoes. We love shoe shopping together and haven't done it in over a year!

bbymks5, BevG and busywoman139 like this.
  8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

for us it was a rainy rainy weekend... still raining today.

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Happy.... all of it! :) Great weekend - dinner out with 2 other couples (SO YUMMY!), and after dinner, back at the house for cake (all the hubby's have Birthday's this week) with the kids. Played Mexican Train and had a blast! My oldest and I were a team, and we laughed so hard. Sunday was relaxed. Scrapped a little - still so slow with the new laptop, but I'm getting there, and it's going smoothly! Made a new to me recipe for sliders and hung out with the family!

bbymks5 and busywoman139 like this.
  10. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

@berniek , I love the smilies idea!

As for what's making me smile. It is the cinnamon on top of my morning latte. No cinnamon, no joy.

11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I am sitting in the quiet enjoying some scrap time before the kids wake up. Good Start to the day ☺
    And, it's supposed to be a stormy day here and there is nothing more that I love than the rain, clouds, and storms. I can hear the thunder in the distance as I am typing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    bbymks5, BevG and busywoman139 like this.
  12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

today's joy for me is that the snow is starting to melt!!! we got a whopper right before Spring officially started - closed school for 3 days! it is in the mid 50's today with some rain = more ground/grass peeking through all this snow. i want it ALL gone! :)

13. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I had an awesome weekend filled with fun, friends, reading, crossing items off the to-do list, making some new discoveries (another shout out to @bestcee for her Lynda.com library tip!), new pens and notebooks, and spending my MOC $$! :) Here's to Monday and a great week!

bestcee, bbymks5 and BevG like this.
  14. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Yay for happy threads just because!!! I am happty today because it is my day off (love having Mondays off), and because there are some exciting changes ahead for our family!

bbymks5 and BevG like this.
  15. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I LOVE this sooo much!

My old phone was dying so we went and used the upgrade on my account. I got a FANCY new phone (part of the 'purchase this and we donate to this cause!!!!) that is a color I never thought I'd actually like. I thought I'd get the phone and slap a case on it happy that I contributed in some way but it's GORGEOUS!

And the 29th I will be going to the concert of the band that has quite literally gotten me through the last few years when my health got worse. When I found out I couldn't drive anymore or even walk to the gas station even, I was ... not in a good place. I wasn't supposed to be getting worse, then this. But! Back to positive, I'm going on Weds, I'm just praying my health can hold out so I can make it through the whole thing. WORTH any feeling bad that night or the next few weeks after as long as I can get through! LOL!! So it's a positive still!

And this place. I can't even tell you how.. dark my world has been. Coming back to scrapping and finding The Pad still up and being able to feel like I'm accepted somewhere is amazing. This place has helped so much in the short time I've been here. So THIS is a joy and positive thing in my life right now and I am forever grateful.

bellbird and bbymks5 like this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this makes me shiver with happy!!
    oh what a grand idea to see what happens! I adore this!
    Carilyn, I could just hug you long distance...can you feel it?
    bhahhaha...I call that aerobics in my book...breathe in, bend, paint, straighten breathe out..bhahhaha

I love moving, I do, I am weird, but it is so exciting to me..yeah!

this made my momma button just ignite into big smile of nostalgia
    girl, recipe needed
    the joy of family working to common goal is wonderful!!
    I think I can smell them!
    ooooooooooooooh! scrap time coming!! wootie woo
    you make me so want my grandbabies NOW!!!
    I love love this, we had a service and a half Sunday morning, just on fire for God time!

this is perfection!
    oh uneventful. that is bliss woman!
    oh what a joy to have such a close in relationship and distance to be able to have this happen!
    wait? you have another BFF? tee hee! what a precious way to share her time, with making a book!
    I so get this, and it is amazing how the little things really are missed in momming!
    happy day to your Dad, what a sweet time!
    how wonderful to replay, and smile all over again!
    rain is so rare here, I will envision it here and smile along with you
    I seriously burst into happy tears at this memory! It will forever be in your heart!
    yeah on joy in a spice bottle! tee hee
    oh as you type...now I can almost hear it!
    oh eek...snow..I can not lie, snow scares me...that it is melting makes me happy, so it will go AWAY
    this is such a thing to remember to find that joy, as pens and my journal are like an extension of me...and make me ever so happy
    ???YOU can NOT just say this, and hit enter...hints? or I promise I can keep a secret and all the ladies here cross their hearts....
    oh Serena...I want to hug you and take all the bad...you just be you and laugh with me!!

Joy is the MOST important thing in my life and I never ever let anyone, thing steal it!

enjoyyourpix, Chippi, jk703 and 3 others like this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

@AnneofAlamo Please come help me!!! I'm really overwhelmed and nearing shutdown mode. Nerves and anxiety are winning...I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen.

18. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

@AnneofAlamo I can't quote your whole reply post, but I read each and everything you said and oh my gosh. I just want to HUG you up all tight and smother you with kisses!! YOU create joy too, you know. Simply this. This is beautiful and I can feel the sun shining from your words. I'm grateful that you're in my life too!

@bbymks5 Deeeeeep breath. One box at a time, one breath at a time. Pack up things the way you want so you can just easily unpack into that same area! We're with you! You can do it!

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

and you are such a joy to have here! your comments in the gallery and forum are beautiful and fun and funny and sweet ... i find myself nodding, or giggling or .... you just put a smile on my face when i read something you wrote. so please know you are spreading the JOY as well. :beat:heartlub:beat

Serena likes this.
  20. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

@AnneofAlamo Love to get your hugs. Today was not so joy-filled but I wasn't depressed so I'll take it. Still working through the fatigue stuff so tired today. But it's okay there's hope.

@Serena I don't know your story but I love your posts. So just wanted to wish you a good day. Scrapping has helped me so much through difficult times.

Serena likes this.