June 2017 Project Pages - Note the intro!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by bestcee, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is running behind. How do you catch up in the end??

These pages are from week 17 and 18

17Zoe.jpg

17Javi.jpg

18Javi.jpg

18Zoe.jpg

mixedclawzz and Lynnette like this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks! I currently print three times a year. I print through Shutterfly and they have a 110 page limit. When I first started PL, I only did two pages per week, so I could have printed a whole year as one book. But I was impatient and wanted to hold my printed pages sooner. I printed two books per year then. The next couple of years I printed two times a year as well, but I started adding extra pages and my books were nearing the page limit in just six months. So a couple years ago I switched to printing three times a year (so every four months).... since I didn't want to worry about going over the limit and I also found books around the 100 page level were hard to handle for me when looking through them (I print 12x12). I think @RebeccaH prints quarterly and I like her idea that starting a new book lets you switch up things that aren't working and gives you a fresh start. I'm struggling to stay caught up this year, so I'm looking forward to the fresh start of book 2. I may change a few things with the new book (like maybe adding back in some regular scrapped pages).

Oh, one more thing I like about printing multiple books a year, is that it helps me stay motivated when I fall behind. When I started 2017, I still had two books unprinted from 2016. I don't feel like so much of a "failure" when I currently have two thirds of the year printed (I recently finished up book 2 and have made it to December on book 3). The smaller chunks give me a greater sense of accomplishment than waiting to print a whole book at once. When I consistently stayed caught up, it wasn't a big deal... but now that I'm behind, it makes a big difference.

Sorry... I ramble! :-)

bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I fell behind, I would do the current week Sunday night, and then schedule myself time later in the week, usually a night that DH was working late, to catch up on a prior week. There was something motivating about keeping moving forward, while also knowing I was catching up.

Aerobigirl likes this.
  4. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

oh. OH! Well, it only took me 6 months to learn that the monthly thread is for layouts done during the month rather than layouts about that month. LOLOL. If I were caught up, these would be the same thing, but I'm a couple of months behind.

bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

6. RebeccaH

7. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

@tkradtke Thanks for your explanation. I live in Holland and we do not have something like shutterfly unfortunately. But we do have a lot of company's that print books and we do not have a limit in pages. If I would print my books 3 times a year I only have around 40 pages, don't you have very small books then?

I do understand it is more fun to have something touchable, that's also something that would motivate me to catch up.

I don't think you ramble, I really appreciate your information. I'm just starting Project Life in digital form and I've got the feeling I need to learn a lot about it. There are so many possibilities!

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  8. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

That's such a good tip! Thank you, I will immediately start doing this!

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  9. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

10. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Some more June pages! Love all the inspiration in this thread!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RebeccaH likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

June pages so far:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Rovanice likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

13. RebeccaH

OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations! That's an awesome feeling! (at least I would imagine in would be... I might never know at this rate!! :giggle)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Way to go! That's so awesome!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love to work backwards too when I get behind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

17. tkradtke

I didn't start printing three times a year until I started adding extra pages for events. My books are around 60-70 pages each (one is 109... yikes!). I used to not do any other scrapping, so I put everything in these books. Now that I'm doing separate trip albums, my books are back closer to 60 pages each. Maybe printing two times a year would be good for you... about 60 pages per book?

18. tkradtke

Still have a couple extra pages for April to finish up, but I've moved on to May!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was so caught up in getting these pages done, that I totally forgot to add any embellishments. Oh well... they were flattened and saved before I realized it. Although I do have the psd file, I'm still calling them done and moving on to the next spread.

bestcee likes this.
  19. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm so impressed that you're caught up. Congrats! I don't think ill ever be able to say that...haha.

I love those Harry Potter glasses! I use a giant HP tumbler of the Marauder's Map that I bought at B&N at Christmas for my coffee. Love it. Chance has great taste!

20. IntenseMagic

Thanks!! Chance is super obsessed with HP at the moment. I'm not so much a fan, but I'm doing all I can encourage his fandom and all the reading he is doing!!