January 23rd: If This Walls Could Talk (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

just left you some love in the gallery, but wanted to say how glad I am that you decided to share it after all.
    you know I love you.

jesskab likes this.
  2. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

[​IMG]

I am Independence Rock, a large granite rock, approximately 130 feet high, 1,900 feet long and 850 feet wide. I sit in southcentral Wyoming, along Highway 220. During the middle of the 19th century, I was a prominent and well-known landmark on the Oregon, Mormon, and California emigrant trails. Many of these emigrants carved their names on my walls, and in 1840 I was described as "the Register of the Desert". I designated a National Historic Landmark on January 20, 1961. I'm now part of Independence Rock State Historic Site, owned and operated by the state of Wyoming. You can still read some of the carved names on my walls and are welcomed to climb atop to experience the view as the pioneers once did.ndependence Rock, a large granite rock, approximately 130 feet high, 1,900 feet long and 850 feet wide. I sit in southcentral Wyoming, along Highway 220. During the middle of the 19th century, I was a prominent and well-known landmark on the Oregon, Mormon, and California emigrant trails. Many of these emigrants carved their names on my walls, and in 1840 I was described as "the Register of the Desert". I designated a National Historic Landmark on January 20, 1961. I'm now part of Independence Rock State Historic Site, owned and operated by the state of Wyoming. You can still read some of the carved names on my walls and are welcomed to climb atop to experience the same beautiful scenic view that the pioneers once did.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

4. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

[​IMG]

Text "C'est vraiment étrange depuis début janvier elle ne quitte pas son ordinateur dès qu'elle est à la maison. Plus de lectures sur le lit. La pile de linge à repasser grimpe, mais grimpe! Et son dossier "Scraps" est continuellement ouvert. Que se passe-t-il? J'aimerais retrouver un peu de calme l'écran éteint."

Translating: " It's very strange, since the beginning of jjanuary, she doesn't leave her pc when she's home. No books, no reading on the bed. The pile of laundry is growing up!! And her "scraps" file is always opened. What is happening? I would like to find calm and serenity, the screan off."

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

6. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

7. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    Look there's Ruby warming by the fire, I remember when she first came here, so little and fragile. Remember when Darcy soon followed. Now there's a boy who has smashed cars into me all in good fun though. I love how the fire warms me up too. Seeall he pretty things they have put on me. photos and paintings. I am feeling very honoured.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    MrsPeel likes this.
  9. Bebimora

Bebimora Active Member

10. jkcantwell

jkcantwell Active Member

Here's my page:

What the walls would say:
    - Hey, have you met Ryan yet?
    - They say he's quite a character.
    - That's for sure. He can be very cheeky.
    - He's his mother's lad. He sticks to her like a limpet!
    - He definitely loves his apples. And Thomas the Tank Engine. And Bob the Builder.
    - Vworp! Vworp! Vworp! Warning! It's time for a sleep. Hopefully.
    - He'll be snug as a bug here, snuggled up tight.

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

Here's mine finally, a conversation between two of the walls in this room -

Wall Left - "Oh thank goodness she's home!"
    Wall Right - "Hey, she deserves a vacation once in awhile, don't you think?

Wall Left - "Oh sure, but when do WE get some off from THEIR sniffing us,
    or using as a wrestling walls, huh? That little Black and white one even
    lifted it's leg to me last night!
    Wall Right - "I'll give you that one, yes. There sure are alot of them, which
    black and white did it?

Wall Left - "I can't tell them apart amymore. They sure do look happy though.
    Wall Right - "That they do, and so does she. They really love each other a lot,
    they sure missed each other.

Wall Left - "Well they all are pretty cute I guess. I'm sure they're happy she
    rescuted them all from the streets. A little Lysol will clean me up I guess. No
    big deal really. He was just sad.
    Wall Right - "It sure would be nice if that Lysol could get rid of this ORANGE
    on us, huh?

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/moc23-journaling-challenge-if-these-walls-could-talk.289112/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    MrsPeel likes this.
  12. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

[​IMG]

Translation of the first paragraph (translation of all of it is in the gallery):
    "Oh ... it's so bright and cozy! I love it when they are here and I enjoy every minute of their company. I know, I'm just the walls of a summer cottage and it's part of my destiny to not have someone living in my rooms all year round ... That makes it all the more enjoyable when they are here."

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

14. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

This was such a block for me. Got there in the end (literally!)

[​IMG]

I’ve been around a bit to say the least. I’m over 150 years old and am very proud of myself – my nickname is even ‘Il Magnifico’. I am beautifully crafted (everyone says so) and am adorned with wonderful sculptures. I am strong too – I support an (almost) equally fabulous 120 feet high dome.

The family who built me were the Hamiltons – Scotland’s leading aristrocrats – and, believe me, no expense was spared. I have a very important job you see. I am part of The Hamilton Mausoleum, the resting place and guardian of generations of the Hamilton Family. So, although you think I might be lonely in isolated splendour in Chatelerhaut Park, I really am not. I have many visitors come to see me and it’s fun to see and hear them test out the quirks we have in here. We have the longest echo in a building in Europe (15 seconds no less) and also have four whispering alcoves – whisper quietly in one and you can be heard just as clearly in the opposite alcove.

And you’d think when the doors were locked at night it would be all peace and quiet in here wouldn’t you? But would you be right? Maybe there are others who stay around for a lot longer? Old friends who like to have their own fun? I’m not sure I should say any more – I’ll just leave you guessing!

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Karen M in FL

Karen M in FL Member

16. ziesenil

ziesenil Well-Known Member

here is my LO:
    [​IMG]

Very interesting challenge! :agree

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

[​IMG]

What an interesting two years this has been. I have watched these crazy people move in, get settled and yet, not. I hear them say they will only be here for 1 year...it’s been two now. Their son has struggled a lot. I think he must be almost a teenager. I have seen CPS and cop at the door, heard of the trouble this one awful neighbor has caused. I have seen the family suffer through the husband/father being gone. I have see the poor wife in pain constantly and seen her try to hide it from everyone. I’ve heard more tears than I care to try to count.

I have witnessed some good things too. The nerf wars and board games. Movie nights and popcorn fights. There have been many sleepovers. Those nights are really loud and I don’t think anyone sleeps. I especially love then the Seahawks play. The man of the house is really funny to watch yell at the TV.

Friends have come by to visit. They have even had friends by to watch the UFC fights and to play cards. The laughter on those nights was almost deafening. In a good way. I can tell these friendships will last a very long time. Even when the family moves. That makes me smile.

Christmas and birthdays are my favorite. Everyone is happy (at least on the surface). The whole house smells like so much amazing food. I wish I could have some of it but unfortunately the only food I get is usually from a spill. NOT my favorite. I am going to miss this family when they leave. I hope their story is a good one all the way to the end.

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. Chey

Chey Well-Known Member

19. lindseylou

lindseylou Active Member

Interesting challenge writing this from the wall's perspective.

[​IMG]

Journalling reads:

Look at this adorable guy standing here next to me. He graduated from his diaper into into his big boy underpants today. His mom was so proud of him! He certainly does look cute in those little gray briefs, and look at that adorable look on his face. He can stand here next to me anytime.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    MrsPeel likes this.
  20. Mumma848

Mumma848 Well-Known Member

This gorgeous painting was hanging in the main room of our accommodation in Bali. I thought about what it may have thought seeing our 3 young kids pilling in... and decided the easiest thing was to put forward the things I think in frustration but never really say haha
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.